RyanB

JB4/Stage1 R vs Stock 140i

Anyone with a JB4 or stage 1 R had any experiences vs Bmw 140i’s? From a dig I imagine the R would leave it for dead, but a guy from work reckons his stock 140i would still be faster from a roll... surely not?! 

Same torque figures 500nm ish.

But the golf with roughly 370 hp rather than 335. I’m not sure about the weight of them both though. 

I can't speak about the M140i but a friend with an M2 and I had a play from 60 to 145 and we were neck and neck. He believes its mapped, which maybe true as it has a full miltek exhaust.

My mk7.5 had just the JB4 on a custom map6. Its rapid to say the least.

10 minutes ago, RS6BRIT said:

I can't speak about the M140i but a friend with an M2 and I had a play from 60 to 145 and we were neck and neck. He believes its mapped, which maybe true as it has a full miltek exhaust.

Wow that’s good to know, I can’t imagine the 140i been much different, and mines the same just a JB4 map 6 ☺️

This convo has came up before. The m140i is extremely quick and unless it’s from a standing start it would definitely have the legs on a jb4 stage 1 golf r . BMW are very conservative with there figures so the m140s tend to produce more horsepower than stated . The low down torque with these engines is also very impressive . Normal British Rainy day though and that changes everything 😉

11 minutes ago, Benje said:

This convo has came up before. The m140i is extremely quick and unless it’s from a standing start it would definitely have the legs on a jb4 stage 1 golf r . BMW are very conservative with there figures so the m140s tend to produce more horsepower than stated . The low down torque with these engines is also very impressive . Normal British Rainy day though and that changes everything 😉

Hmm I’m going to have to find out for myself somehow, Yeah that’s why the bmw never really appealed to me, not much good when it’s wet and that’s what it’s like 75% of the time here unfortunately 😂

2 hours ago, RS6BRIT said:

Out of interest, there is hardly anything in it between the M140i vs M2. Seen other vids with these two and its pretty conclusive.

A good M140 is a seriously quick car. BMW definitely underrate the official BHP / Torque

In the wet they wouldn’t see which a stock. R would have gone but a well piloted one in the dry is a tool !

On track they need a diff and proper brakes and a good suspension set up.

M2 fixes all that!

Still think a good stage 1 or 2 R ticks all the boxes for our roads and climate conditions especially right now 😂

Nowt in it imo.  From rest R will get away better ofcourse.  Rolling start might depend on Rolling speed...BMW has big pull and different gear Change points to R, so could get the jump.

3ltr and 6cyl engine will always give good pull at higher speeds...

If I had to bet... I’d keep my money in my wallet. 

Want R to win tho.

but yet it loses too a stock s3 and draws with a totally stock R from a stand still, and I wouldn’t say it exactly thrashed them from a roll either, I think I’m just going to have to go test this myself 😂