PEHZY

Manual DSG mode

Should my DSG Golf R 7.5 not show an M next to the gear number when it’s in manual mode? Is there a way to select it to show the M for manual I go from say Sport mode S3 push the lever to the left to engage manual and it just says 3? Little thing but it’s annoying me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, DSarge said:

Am sure that my 7.5 shows an M when in manual mode. I have the gear selection showing large in the centre of the rev counter. 

Same for me.  I have a vague idea that the Mk7 didn't, and a TCU tune was needed to enable the display (but I might be mis-remembering)

I'm sure in my MK7 I have seen the M appear next to the gear. 

think it happens when you're in D or S, and then you override with the paddles...but not pushing the DSG stick to the left. 

I know for sure my A3 (2015 - so pre-FL) showed M next to number in the driver display, that could be where I remember it from.

It is a strange one can’t seem to produce an M and a number no matter what mode I come out of. It always shows a number in manual or D or S in DSG mode. No big deal thanks for confusing me even more though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my last couple Cars with sports auto boxes, I honestly do not look to see what gear I am in.

basically just Revs, sound and feel.

the gear number on sports autos is almost irrelevant.

is it just there as a comfort blanket for the driver :)

In my last couple Cars with sports auto boxes, I honestly do not look to see what gear I am in.

basically just Revs, sound and feel.

the gear number on sports autos is almost irrelevant.

is it just there as a comfort blanket for the driver

Couldn't agree more, especially in manual which you assume is for an engaging and fun drive, I wouldnt feel the need look to see what gear I am I'm and if it is D, S or M... or should it be SMD

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk