Golf Mk8 videos

dopper99

Seems the mk8 designers worked hard to have all the things that don't belong in a car:

Shiny Gloss black trim  ✔️ 

Touchscreen controls   ✔️ 

Highly reflective surfaces   ✔️ 

Can't even operate the thing correctly when stationary - will be terrible when on the move: 

On 08/12/2019 at 03:43, blower said:

Seems the mk8 designers worked hard to have all the things that don't belong in a car:

Shiny Gloss black trim  ✔️ 

Touchscreen controls   ✔️ 

Highly reflective surfaces   ✔️ 

Can't even operate the thing correctly when stationary - will be terrible when on the move: 

Yes, seriously concerned about operating touch controls for simple things such as cabin temperature and heated seats. Those controls such be push button switches/dials and easily accessible. Like they are now!

On 09/12/2019 at 21:05, dopper99 said:

Yes, seriously concerned about operating touch controls for simple things such as cabin temperature and heated seats. Those controls such be push button switches/dials and easily accessible. Like they are now!

Yup, just try spending time in any recent Range Rover/Land Rover products to see how Godawful and downright dangerous they are.

55 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

New carwow vid

"What have they done to the front? Looks like its melted!" LOL!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2gnwh7qYCk

You can always rely on Matt for a few choice comments ... also including "Why don’t you understand me, you moron!” and “What the f**k is it doing?” He likes it really. Apart from its face, of course.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

From Rory, used to be on Top Gear.

Same theme again, they don’t like the new infotainment system and needs a lot of getting used to.

IMO, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!!!!

JFHC - I seriously cannot believe they have put so many controls in as touch controls.

i deal with a lot of global suppliers that manufacturer touch technology, used it for years and it fails more than a basic switch.

i wonder how many accidents will occur due to someone using touch technology in a car?

at least put in a controller such as BMW idrive and some back up switches for lights etc.

3 hours ago, Gavras said:

JFHC - I seriously cannot believe they have put so many controls in as touch controls.

i deal with a lot of global suppliers that manufacturer touch technology, used it for years and it fails more than a basic switch.

i wonder how many accidents will occur due to someone using touch technology in a car?

at least put in a controller such as BMW idrive and some back up switches for lights etc.

I’m enjoying  being back in a hot hatch but may not go to a MK 8 when the time comes. Would be nice if bmw do a hotter M135i in the future, I’d be looking at that.

48 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

I’m enjoying  being back in a hot hatch but may not go to a MK 8 when the time comes. Would be nice if bmw do a hotter M135i in the future, I’d be looking at that.

Ditto reference the MK8.

will likely give Park Lane a call next year and see what discounts I qualify for with an M340i Tourer.

All those touch and gesture controls are ridiculous. I’m a technology enthusiast but just watching that video with Rory trying to change the volume looked stupid an clunky. And then you need to try and switch on your heated seat. Stupid. I’ll stick with my 7.5 R for a few years and then re-evaluate my options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk