Golf Mk8 videos

dopper99

17 hours ago, NRW said:

A vid to keep us going, interested...

👍

is that the traction light flashing at 6:21 and 6:29?

If so, that is surprising for a stock car with such a well sorted chassis (so VW tell us).

Either that or its got loads more power than advertised. 😀

1 hour ago, Msportman said:

Have you been given a rough date your dealer will take possession of one yet?

My dealer hasn’t a clue

Well when I was in my local VW tdealership last Weds, I enquired about it and they said they were just ordering their demonstrator 8R, and said that it would probably be late Jan/early Feb for test drive booking.  So they’ve a note to contact me when it’s in and available to book. 

55 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

is that the traction light flashing at 6:21 and 6:29?

If so, that is surprising for a stock car with such a well sorted chassis (so VW tell us).

Either that or its got loads more power than advertised. 😀

Yes!, but it is pretty cold and wet..And wintertires...So that is not strange with some slip ;)

48 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

Good find. Interesting to note the Golf R 100-200km/h is:

image.png.dba329cdf54e334e7ee6e5294c084879.png

Whereas the new S3 is:

image.png.53a2a6dabc0e933b0737ddd12d30bbc1.png

so its a tad quicker than the S3. Although, whether it was measured on the exact same road.......

just for reference the mk7.5 2018 car did 100-200km/h in 12.1 secs. So it’s 0.6 secs quicker than the old car.

https://youtu.be/iE2TbTWE4po

Difficult not to like a review by Thomas for me.   Getting better all the time....the Performance Pack spoiler is interesting close up, and the Drift / Nurburgring settings too.  The latter may be great fun for UK drivers.  Thought this car the best looker so far, and the front will offend less with greater familiarity.

The plastics and the central dash info display remains tho....sadly. 
It seems to go damn well tho. 😀

11 minutes ago, NRW said:

Difficult not to like a review by Thomas for me.   Getting better all the time....the Performance Pack spoiler is interesting close up, and the Drift / Nurburgring settings too.  The latter may be great fun for UK drivers.  Thought this car the best looker so far, and the front will offend less with greater familiarity.

The plastics and the central dash info display remains tho....sadly. 
It seems to go damn well tho. 😀

He reminds me of the R itself. 😂  

Good detailed and honest review, confirming the suspect interior interface but the drive and handling enough to break Thomas into a grin and laughter which tells you something!   And we thought the drift mode and Nurburgring modes would be wasted on the UK roads......hmm, maybe not!  I can think of a few roads I’ve driven this year where they would have brought an even bigger smile to my own face!  

I liked the review.

Still not sure on the overall look of the car. 
From the side profile the bonnet looks very bulbous where it’s been rounded off. I don’t like the light strip across the front and the wheel design isn’t to my taste.

Will have to see it in the flesh to get a final decision on whether it’s what I’d buy next.

Its a shame there’s no 3 door and the drop in materials inside together with a substantial price increase. Think VW will struggle unless there’s big incentives/ discounts.