Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YEA!!!!!, My Car is FINALLY HOME..😍   https://youtu.be/MuzXvBuStZ0      

Posted Images

7 hours ago, NRW said:

An exciting watch, even without subtitles😂

@Mange

This must be what you were talking about in the other thread?  I get what you mean now seeing here in this video at :58.  It wasn’t apparent just from still pictures you posted as didn’t show it automatically switching from one colour to another.  So he has a blue colour lighting scheme in the cabin but it changes to green on selecting just Special (Nurburgring) Mode, so colour just for that mode).   That’s not what mine does and from what you’ve said neither does yours?  It’s obviously set up as previously stated by another to represent the ‘Green Hell’.  Nice touch. Shame we don’t have it.  😁

43 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

@Mange

This must be what you were talking about in the other thread?  I get what you mean now seeing here in this video at :58.  It wasn’t apparent just from still pictures you posted as didn’t show it automatically switching from one colour to another.  So he has a blue colour lighting scheme in the cabin but it changes to green on selecting just Special (Nurburgring) Mode, so colour just for that mode).   That’s not what mine does and from what you’ve said neither does yours?  It’s obviously set up as previously stated by another to represent the ‘Green Hell’.  Nice touch. Shame we don’t have it.  😁

Aaaaa Exactly! :), Thanks for this clarification ... :)

Interesting video, very noticeable that the ESC light spent a lot of time flashing at him, I would like to know (JFI really) if its settings are 'different' or ''relaxed' compared to say with the car in any of the other modes, although the intervention didnt seem as intrusive as I was getting.

I was surprised he didnt take control of the gearbox, there were some changes where you wouldnt really want them, but saying that they didnt appear to upset the car anyway.

The car looked very well balanced for what is still a road car and he obviously knew his way around the track as well 

I guess due to the fact they have paired a tuned GR Yaris up against the Golf means a standard one wouldn't compete?! 

I like the Yaris but there is know way I could fit my family in it, take my elderly mother to the shops, put my canoe on the roof etc etc... It wasn't even in my consider list! 

1 minute ago, Johno222 said:

I guess due to the fact they have paired a tuned GR Yaris up against the Golf means a standard one wouldn't compete?! 

I like the Yaris but there is know way I could fit my family in it, take my elderly mother to the shops, put my canoe on the roof etc etc... It wasn't even in my consider list! 

Are you sure that second paragraph shouldn’t read....”put my elderly mother on the roof and take my canoe to the shops...”

Sorry, that was the first thing that sprang to mind when I read your post.

I’ll get me coat. 😁

8 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Are you sure that second paragraph shouldn’t read....”put my elderly mother on the roof and take my canoe to the shops...”

Sorry, that was the first thing that sprang to mind when I read your post.

I’ll get me coat. 😁

She does like the fresh air when driving 🤔

In the vid he says the Yaris is a ""lot quicker" than the Golf R. I guess he is talking about around the twisties which is certainly would be.

For the (pointless) drag race, the Golf R would win. 🙂 carwow timed the exact same Yaris as:

image.thumb.png.d22de7b78077019f5291065e95e65ac9.png

🙂

In fact, thats about the same as a 7.5 Golf R.