• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YEA!!!!!, My Car is FINALLY HOME..😍   https://youtu.be/MuzXvBuStZ0      

Posted Images

Can i have the Best Detailed Mk8R in the World now?, we have done a 4 day full paint Correction....the Germans don´t do it perfect ;)

Video will follow with all the steps what we have done...😅

But now i am complety exhausted..😂

https://youtu.be/ezId-H5LVio

https://www.instagram.com/tv/COYYxhmnZY4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

20210502_151023.jpg

4 hours ago, Martin2 said:

Review on Harry’s Garage, some high praise when it comes to how it drives as he’s comparing it to his GR Yaris.  He’s one of the biggest critics of the tech I’ve seen though.

Makes me laugh how everyone on the comments is picking up on ONLY Harrys more negative points and criticism (infotainment screen, lack of buttons blah blah).

It's like no-one watched the section in the vid where he said how good it was to drive. :dontknow:

5 hours ago, Martin2 said:

Review on Harry’s Garage, some high praise when it comes to how it drives as he’s comparing it to his GR Yaris.  He’s one of the biggest critics of the tech I’ve seen though.

Another quality review from Harry.

Certainly the 8R is a move up in many areas but not all and for us crusty’s the lack of buttons for straight forward functionality for ease of use whilst driving will irritate many.

I think the IPhone/Playstation generation will be impressed with the new haptic  functions 

and grasp using the IT with relative ease.

I personally find the 7R about just right on cabin and my driver requirements 

I still think VW will expand colour choice on the R as it’s so limited and it’s a shame they don’t offer a Recaro seat option.

With regards the Clubsport and Mr VW Wizard saying its the "better" car in his eyes...... surprisingly its not the fastest around the Nurburgring vs the R. I thought it would be being the lighter car and with the virtually same power to weight ratio as the R.

I don't care whoever is faster but Mr Wiz kinda gives you the impression the Clubsport handles better (in the dry) and certainly tries to give the impression it would be the faster car through the twisties. 

But it appears not.

From the comments of this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSvcIJ12ug0

image.thumb.png.664e5521f0ed2af6ad1f4ee49e6adcb6.png

not much in it at all, but I thought the Clubsport would be quicker not slower (in the right weather conditions).

4 hours ago, dopper99 said:

With regards the Clubsport and Mr VW Wizard saying its the "better" car in his eyes...... surprisingly its not the fastest around the Nurburgring vs the R. I thought it would be being the lighter car and with the virtually same power to weight ratio as the R.

I don't care whoever is faster but Mr Wiz kinda gives you the impression the Clubsport handles better (in the dry) and certainly tries to give the impression it would be the faster car through the twisties. 

But it appears not.

From the comments of this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSvcIJ12ug0

image.thumb.png.664e5521f0ed2af6ad1f4ee49e6adcb6.png

not much in it at all, but I thought the Clubsport would be quicker not slower (in the right weather conditions).

You know he’ll have some excuses for that though 😂😂

5 minutes ago, cybman said:

second dyno with 340hp

archie got the same value

Yes indeed, and good to see another car/dyno running consistent figures. No doubt a good dose of V Power helps. 🙂

Also that is a car with virtually no miles on the clock. Not sure how many miles the 7.5 had, but probably a lot more than the 8R.

On 02/05/2021 at 22:45, dopper99 said:

Makes me laugh how everyone on the comments is picking up on ONLY Harrys more negative points and criticism (infotainment screen, lack of buttons blah blah).

It's like no-one watched the section in the vid where he said how good it was to drive. :dontknow:

I think he’s missing an ashtray...

7 hours ago, dopper99 said:

Good find that man! 👍

So they have the 8R at:

340bhp

320 ft pounds (434Nm)

whereas it should be 316bhp and 420Nm. Quite a jump up what VW say it should have.

Interesting the comparison to a 7.5 GPF which dyno'd at 306bhp:

image.thumb.png.62d7627fce3c1c7059375a56df162b0e.png

This is pretty awesome and Crazy! :), More than 35hp than the 7.5 and the DSG is so much faster. So not Strange that the Mk8R is so much faster than a Mk7.5 :)