Msportman

M2 Quote on a PCP deal.

Looked at Stratstone BMW M2 offer so went into my local Westerly BMW.

They matched the above dealership as BMW are offering a low rate deal across the UK of just 2.9% on M cars.

They offered a Hockenheim silver DCT M2 with comfort pack and performance pack with the following figures:

Car £54k with £4500 dealership contribution total price £49500

I put in £5k

47 months x £499

£25600 balloon payment

8k miles per year

Cheapish monthly payments but it’s a big commitment for 4 years but doable 

Merc have said no offers on finance on upcoming A45S which £56k with Aero

These are all big figures so on with the R until maybe a nice used FL RS3 or M2 comes along.

The new M340 sounded great. Sat in that and it’s a nice cabin now. M2 felt quite dated but looks good.

Didnt get quotes on M340 but it looked pretty plain with black wheels but it was filthy dirty.

Stratstone and Clydesdale quote is cheaper as they quote on a bone stock “manual” car but monthlies work out at £469 and £4K down based on 8k per year.

Audi can’t get anywhere near that on RS3 but BMW are trying to shift stock before Christmas!

1 hour ago, Msportman said:

Looked at Stratstone BMW M2 offer so went into my local Westerly BMW.

They matched the above dealership as BMW are offering a low rate deal across the UK of just 2.9% on M cars.

They offered a Hockenheim silver DCT M2 with comfort pack and performance pack with the following figures:

Car £54k with £4500 dealership contribution total price £49500

I put in £5k

47 months x £499

£25600 balloon payment

8k miles per year

Cheapish monthly payments but it’s a big commitment for 4 years but doable 

Merc have said no offers on finance on upcoming A45S which £56k with Aero

These are all big figures so on with the R until maybe a nice used FL RS3 or M2 comes along.

The new M340 sounded great. Sat in that and it’s a nice cabin now. M2 felt quite dated but looks good.

Didnt get quotes on M340 but it looked pretty plain with black wheels but it was filthy dirty.

Would also consider seeing if TRL has any deals in the offing.

Eastern BMW do decent deals, decent M4deal.

https://www.easternwestern.co.uk/bmw/new-cars/BMW/M4/3184/

M2 Comp deal is similar to yours above.

a 3 or 4 series based car (both M and non M) will always have better interior than the 1 and 2 platforms.

M2 deals tend to max at 12% discount.

while a larger car, check out some M4 deals as well.

12 hours ago, Gavras said:

Would also consider seeing if TRL has any deals in the offing.

Eastern BMW do decent deals, decent M4deal.

M2 Comp deal is similar to yours above.

a 3 or 4 series based car (both M and non M) will always have better interior than the 1 and 2 platforms.

M2 deals tend to max at 12% discount.

while a larger car, check out some M4 deals as well.

Yeap I didn’t consider the M4 Competition in the showroom when I saw the £72k price tag....heavily loaded !

I will pass on the M2 after this sodden wet weekend when I feel so much more secure in the R over a high powered RWD set up. 

7 hours ago, Msportman said:

Yeap I didn’t consider the M4 Competition in the showroom when I saw the £72k price tag....heavily loaded !

I will pass on the M2 after this sodden wet weekend when I feel so much more secure in the R over a high powered RWD set up. 

Another option that is likely not to everyone's taste is the new mini, 300bhp and AWD.

44 minutes ago, Gavras said:

Another option that is likely not to everyone's taste is the new mini, 300bhp and AWD.

Yes and the GP is getting rave reviews

Only 500 GP’s are allocated for UK

I’ve been mulling over a nice used manual V8 R8 a Cayman and F type but these would all be a Sainsbury’s loan and not PCP due to age of car. All similar in price to M2 the R8 having rock steady residuals even if it is dated. 
Think I’ll get Xmas over with and see what happens in New Year. There seems to be a glut of M4’s on the market and they will be hit further when new model arrives in 2020.

1 hour ago, Msportman said:

I’ve been mulling over a nice used manual V8 R8 a Cayman and F type but these would all be a Sainsbury’s loan and not PCP due to age of car. All similar in price to M2 the R8 having rock steady residuals even if it is dated. 
Think I’ll get Xmas over with and see what happens in New Year. There seems to be a glut of M4’s on the market and they will be hit further when new model arrives in 2020.

Also the next M3 / M4 will come with option of AWD (xdrive) as per current M5.

https://www.bmw-m.com/en/topics/magazine-article-pool/5-facts-about-m-xdrive.html

Not sure if same system would go in the new M2.

i do like the various modes and the ability to pretty much go RWD as required.

we have a Porsche dealership at end of our road, always a nice walk for a coffee and look around.

i was tempted by a Macan, however order wait time put me off and ended up with the R Estate.

As I am on my 18 month point, I start looking in the new year as have to factor in VT point and wait time when ordering next car.

admittedly I could keep the R for my wife / daughter.

7 hours ago, Gavras said:

Also the next M3 / M4 will come with option of AWD (xdrive) as per current M5.

https://www.bmw-m.com/en/topics/magazine-article-pool/5-facts-about-m-xdrive.html

Not sure if same system would go in the new M2.

i do like the various modes and the ability to pretty much go RWD as required.

we have a Porsche dealership at end of our road, always a nice walk for a coffee and look around.

i was tempted by a Macan, however order wait time put me off and ended up with the R Estate.

As I am on my 18 month point, I start looking in the new year as have to factor in VT point and wait time when ordering next car.

admittedly I could keep the R for my wife / daughter.

That does sound like a nice walk!

I may sell on my R with bits on and get what I can or sell brake kit separately.

I can always use my van bank the cash and see what comes up.

I will have to decide whether to go for new and PCP and leave car stock or go for a 6-18 month old car and finance rest (eg RS3)

The clubman jcw? I quite like the look of them actually... but would never actually buy one....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gp is fwd with diff. It’s also damn ugly but will be highly capable I recon. Prices will hold on it so could be worth a punt if as a weekend car just because of that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 24/11/2019 at 00:43, Msportman said:

Anyone buying a powerful RWD car needs to sign up to the fact they are harder work in the rain, damp, cold ............ generally this time of the year up until about March/April. Drive normally and they are absolutely fine but if you want to give it some beans then beware. You need to be aware you wont be as quick across the B road twisties as say a Golf R, unless you are a very good driver and know what you are doing. Of course in the dry and temps above 15 Deg C there is no problem at all but for any other weather conditions RWD hampers progress if you want to push on.

After owning an M3 CP and C63s (which are both fantastic cars of course) but was finding RWD a little tedious to say the least. This time of the year, slow pulling out of junctions, slow coming off roundabouts, reluctant to overtake with foot to the floor for fear of losing the back end, and a few other scenarios. You need to get the tyres up to temperature too (MPSS) to get any kind of decent traction which is a little difficult in the winter.

Lesser powered cars (such as the R and S3) will run rings around you in the wet/damp/cold and in the end, you just drive these cars at half throttle everywhere in these conidtions. So you have 500bhp (C63s) and are probably using 300bhp max, sort of doesnt seem a lot of point having the extra bhp (well ok for the summer).

6 hours ago, dopper99 said:

Anyone buying a powerful RWD car needs to sign up to the fact they are harder work in the rain, damp, cold ............ generally this time of the year up until about March/April. Drive normally and they are absolutely fine but if you want to give it some beans then beware. You need to be aware you wont be as quick across the B road twisties as say a Golf R, unless you are a very good driver and know what you are doing. Of course in the dry and temps above 15 Deg C there is no problem at all but for any other weather conditions RWD hampers progress if you want to push on.

After owning an M3 CP and C63s (which are both fantastic cars of course) but was finding RWD a little tedious to say the least. This time of the year, slow pulling out of junctions, slow coming off roundabouts, reluctant to overtake with foot to the floor for fear of losing the back end, and a few other scenarios. You need to get the tyres up to temperature too (MPSS) to get any kind of decent traction which is a little difficult in the winter.

Lesser powered cars (such as the R and S3) will run rings around you in the wet/damp/cold and in the end, you just drive these cars at half throttle everywhere in these conidtions. So you have 500bhp (C63s) and are probably using 300bhp max, sort of doesnt seem a lot of point having the extra bhp (well ok for the summer).

You’re right of course....my friend has M4 and says exactly that....ditch finder in the wet if you are on wet or damp roads catching a twitchy back end can be scary stuff where hedges or on coming vehicles are concerned. Driving sensibly is order of the day. 
My tuner has an M4 for development with Dinan remap. He says everything is expensive on them for tuning eg Carbon Intake £2k etc etc

He reckons I’ll regret selling my R in its current state of tune trying to top it will be very costly. 
I don’t want a heavy powerful beast like an M5 as I know how much they cost to run and they are not a weekend car to sit on the driveway with VEL at £560 per year!

So its back to the drawing board to see what’s about next year if at all!