Stevemoir

MRC TCU MAP vs Various Others

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone can shed light on this as i have my car getting both the ECU & TCU remap soon. Ive been reading that the MRC TCU map only uprates the clamping pressure and nothing else

Yet the likes of APR adjust shift points / multi stage LC & various other cool features

am i incorrect with what I have said above or can MRC incorporate this into a TCU map for me 

cheers

steve 

54 minutes ago, Stevemoir said:

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone can shed light on this as i have my car getting both the ECU & TCU remap soon. Ive been reading that the MRC TCU map only uprates the clamping pressure and nothing else

Yet the likes of APR adjust shift points / multi stage LC & various other cool features

am i incorrect with what I have said above or can MRC incorporate this into a TCU map for me 

cheers

steve 

Hi Steve, i have had my car done by unicorn developments. On the TCU map they did change shift points, launch rev hold, auto change up in full manual mode disable and a few other things.

So maybe its added options that MRC should be able to change for you. 

21 hours ago, Stevemoir said:

Hi Alexis 

cheers for the info i was reading that Rick was also able to do this

unfortunately unicorn is to far for me to travel so MRC in Falkirk are the closest along with ecotune

steve

I also went to Unicorn for my ECU and TCU tunes, very happily with both. Had them done at 8k miles, now at 36k miles with no issues. 

Hi Alexis 

cheers for the info i was reading that Rick was also able to do this

unfortunately unicorn is to far for me to travel so MRC in Falkirk are the closest along with ecotune

steve

I went to Unicorn from Edinburgh and worth the effort. No longer have the same R but it was a great map (both ECU and TCU), Can also say I had to go back to get it removed before fairly extensive warranty work (new cylinder head - unrelated to map) and nothing flagged by VW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, R-Estate said:

I went to Unicorn from Edinburgh and worth the effort. No longer have the same R but it was a great map (both ECU and TCU), Can also say I had to go back to get it removed before fairly extensive warranty work (new cylinder head - unrelated to map) and nothing flagged by VW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hr round trip from Aberdeen (certainly worth it) but the drive home after the engine tuning was nothing short of epic, that M6 is pretty much a race track...especially late at night 😁.