NRW

Wheel & Tyre Storage Solutions, best options?

19 hours ago, R_wannabe_owner said:

I store my original factory wheels on a vertical stand, which has a cross shaped base for stability. I’ve got each wheel in a VW wheel storage bag, and each bagged wheel sits on a support that’s slotted onto the vertical pole part of the stand. The supports are positioned so when the wheels are on the stand they don’t make contact with any of the other wheels above or below. I then have a cover that fits over the entire stand + wheels to keep them dirt / dust free. 

It stands in one of the front corners of my garage and is very stable. 

9 hours ago, NRW said:

Cheers. Was unsure re stability. 👍

It probably helps that it’s tucked into the corner, so two of the walls would help prevent it moving if something or someone knocked into it. 

56 minutes ago, NRW said:

Brill Jon. Cheers. 
I remember @SpursMadDave informing a query about the lovely Cades Berne black & silver wheels (I need to get out more)  Have exchanged a couple of p.m. with Dave.  Good guy. Miss the fun & jokes. Well Jon if you’re ever passing thru  by me - say a trip to Scotland. you’d be most welcome to stop for refreshments. 👍

Many thanks mate. I may take you up on that as Our daughter is now resident in Liverpool full time and we thought after seeing her one week next year we may take a road trip up to the lovely Scotland but not when the midges are about 🤬

Hopefully we’ll pop in to see you for beans on toast on our way 👍

don’t worry I’ll cook um 😶🤣

Top man 👍

1 hour ago, Msportman said:

I can remember NeilP had 4 wall mounted brackets fitted in his garage where he hung each wheel separately along the length of the wall.

I just store mine on top of each other with cardboard between them but will go wall mounted next year to save space 

hi bud.. I know they may take up room but the way you’re stacking them is the best way to preserve them. If Just tyres then a rack vertically is better as there’s no added wheel weight to deform the tyres but for wheels with tyres fitted the advice I’ve read by the experts and tyre producers is stack them as your doing already.

hope you’re well and busy bud 👍

14 hours ago, Jon R306 said:

hi bud.. I know they may take up room but the way you’re stacking them is the best way to preserve them. If Just tyres then a rack vertically is better as there’s no added wheel weight to deform the tyres but for wheels with tyres fitted the advice I’ve read by the experts and tyre producers is stack them as your doing already.

hope you’re well and busy bud 👍

Thanks Jon 

Will take your advice

Yeap been busy until this last couple of weeks. Feet up till middle of Feb. Got a nice holiday booked in Jan.

How are you?  
Feet up I hope!

2 hours ago, NRW said:

For Information.  I checked out Storage Box prices locally.  £277 per annum.

Yikes.😳

Gosh My Porsche dealer charges £60 twice a year and free storage and they swop them over for you in the price so £120 per annum.

but you have to outlay a substantial amount buying one 😉🤨

16 hours ago, Msportman said:

Thanks Jon 

Will take your advice

Yeap been busy until this last couple of weeks. Feet up till middle of Feb. Got a nice holiday booked in Jan.

How are you?  
Feet up I hope!

Thanks Ian 👍

yes quite a bit of feet up now in between hobbies so it’s going great and enjoying the retirement as much as possible.

Glad you’re well and busy and I’m glad you’re on your hols soon after all your hard work. Enjoy bud 🤗 you’ve earned it 🏄‍♂️🏝⛱

21 minutes ago, Jon R306 said:

Gosh My Porsche dealer charges £60 twice a year and free storage and they swop them over for you in the price so £120 per annum.

but you have to outlay a substantial amount buying one 😉🤨

Are you currently Porsche owning?  Lovely Motors. All of them. Always liked, never within reach - always other things demanding funds.  Not sure I could get into/ out of one now.😂.  Brother had 993 Carrera Targa (!)  and 996 Carrera 4 Cab. 
Spill the beans Jon, please.  

19 minutes ago, NRW said:

Are you currently Porsche owning?  Lovely Motors. All of them. Always liked, never within reach - always other things demanding funds.  Not sure I could get into/ out of one now.😂.  Brother had 993 Carrera Targa (!)  and 996 Carrera 4 Cab. 
Spill the beans Jon, please.  

Haha.. alas not anymore these days bud.😬 I’ve been lucky enough to of driven all the later models and they are amazing.

I always wanted to own a Porsche Turbo from a lad and set My sights on a brand new one but only managed a Turbo Macan because of a cross between family commitments and the love of all things 4wd. 
Back in 2014 I took delivery of a good spec Macan S Diesel while A deposit was down on a 15 plate Mac Turbo with near all options ticked 🤭🤗 she was a blast and had only one mod a cobb ecu tunning device that released 150+hp so was a real blast for a medium SUV.

I was later offered a 62 plate Turbo S 991 straight swop for it by My dealership but the wife swayed the decision towards the family SUV and I only regret it slightly 🤔🤭😳

They are a fantastic product and I’d have one again over any other marq because of the sheer VFM. 

95E8EC3B-E26F-4AB7-8460-C65C1CE432FB.jpeg

61E2C338-6C07-4806-84A5-1318ED95CBDF.jpeg

6F79D1DF-F49D-432A-8E7C-BACAF2986C2F.jpeg

7BB4F0FB-0B88-448C-BDFD-D52B374EDB0A.jpeg

017878D8-212D-4B23-9F4F-4F881E6705DF.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Jon R306 said:

Haha.. alas not anymore these days bud.😬 I’ve been lucky enough to of driven all the later models and they are amazing.

I always wanted to own a Porsche Turbo from a lad and set My sights on a brand new one but only managed a Turbo Macan because of a cross between family commitments and the love of all things 4wd. 
Back in 2014 I took delivery of a good spec Macan S Diesel while A deposit was down on a 15 plate Mac Turbo with near all options ticked 🤭🤗 she was a blast and had only one mod a cobb ecu tunning device that released 150+hp so was a real blast for a medium SUV.

I was later offered a 62 plate Turbo S 991 straight swop for it by My dealership but the wife swayed the decision towards the family SUV and I only regret it slightly 🤔🤭😳

They are a fantastic product and I’d have one again over any other marq because of the sheer VFM. 

95E8EC3B-E26F-4AB7-8460-C65C1CE432FB.jpeg

61E2C338-6C07-4806-84A5-1318ED95CBDF.jpeg

6F79D1DF-F49D-432A-8E7C-BACAF2986C2F.jpeg

7BB4F0FB-0B88-448C-BDFD-D52B374EDB0A.jpeg

017878D8-212D-4B23-9F4F-4F881E6705DF.jpeg

😂

Thank you Jon.  Yep. The Macan is a bit like,imho, a next jump from an R.  Guy near me has a nice GTS.   £dear tho. LOVELY pics looks great. 👍

Like you,always aspired to a Turbo, ever since window licking the NEWCASTLE Porsche dealership in ‘76, (like a Corner Shop) from the saddle of my pushbike. 😂

Searching out the Sweet spots and Value for Money is a challenging, but rewarding task. 

👍👍

8 minutes ago, NRW said:

😂

Thank you Jon.  Yep. The Macan is a bit like,imho, a next jump from an R.  Guy near me has a nice GTS.   £dear tho. LOVELY pics looks great. 👍

Like you,always aspired to a Turbo, ever since window licking the NEWCASTLE Porsche dealership in ‘76, (like a Corner Shop) from the saddle of my pushbike. 😂

Searching out the Sweet spots and Value for Money is a challenging, but rewarding task. 

👍👍

Thanks bud yes VFM is paramount in cars . Luckily I only lost 2k in a year on the Diesel S and 12k over 2 years on the Turbo and covered 42 k miles between them. When the Mac’s were first out on sale they held they’re money better than anything else on the market.

I lost the same amount on an R if I’d kept it to near 3 years and similar mileage 🤗even with  A healthy discount so excellent VFM if you buy at the right time. And Porsche didn’t discount so it was retail and wait for it 😬🙄

5 minutes ago, Jon R306 said:

Thanks bud yes VFM is paramount in cars . Luckily I only lost 2k in a year on the Diesel S and 12k over 2 years on the Turbo and covered 42 k miles between them. When the Mac’s were first out on sale they held they’re money better than anything else on the market.

I lost the same amount on an R if I’d kept it to near 3 years and similar mileage 🤗even with  A healthy discount so excellent VFM if you buy at the right time. And Porsche didn’t discount so it was retail and wait for it 😬🙄

Well done. I Aim to emulate. Also listen to @Gavras tips & advice. 
Will pm you, if ok?