NRW

Wheel & Tyre Storage Solutions, best options?

I stack mine up in the shed. Base provided by some raise wood with a carpet cover.

I wanted to find some decent individual wheel bags to put the wheels in before stacking up but haven’t been able to find anything decent - something with a microfibre lining say.

If anyone has seen something along those lines a link would be appreciated.

My other spare set are in the loft - when I’ve got the loft ladder sorted I will probably store both sets up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, keano said:

If anyone has seen something along those lines a link would be appreciated.

My other spare set are in the loft - when I’ve got the loft ladder sorted I will probably store both sets up there.

I got these. Seem ok. No microfibre liner tho. Liked the images to denote position.  Ordered Friday, delivered Saturday. Not yet used.  Search eBay -

Cosmos Wheel and Tyre cover set

Plenty others around tho.

Edited by NRW

Sorry to switch back to the Porsche debate but good 996’s are now rising in value especially if the dreaded IMS has already been done.

The turbo had the very tough Metzerger engine pretty bullet proof but there values have gone up in the past 12 months.

I do wonder whether to go Gen 2 997 after the R but I suspect it will be the newer SQ5 and either keep the R if I can or buy a nice low miles MK1 TT Sport 240.

1 hour ago, Jon R306 said:

bring them in the house coffee table style like a mate of mine has in his flat.😳😊

A brilliant option for serious Wheel chaps.

I think this would have been ok when I was single.   Lovely wife will indulge me frequently with car related matters, But no...wearing a Pretoria doesn’t appeal

An insulated microfiber bag would be excellent for cold garage &shed storage or bring them in the house coffee table style like a mate of mine has in his flat.

The wife was ok with cleaning them inside but don’t fancy my chances for them being inside long term

ac5fd7541b9bfa6cf0290da43154de31.jpg

4 minutes ago, keano said:

The wife was ok with cleaning them inside but don’t fancy my chances for them being inside long term emoji23.png

ac5fd7541b9bfa6cf0290da43154de31.jpg

rubish 😂 She would love them with oak boards on top making a stylish coffee table or even smoked glass 🤔🤣

8 hours ago, keano said:

The wife was ok with cleaning them inside but don’t fancy my chances for them being inside long term emoji23.png

Still beautiful - really like these BBS ? CH-R chaps. Ace Alloys. 👍

Still beautiful - really like these BBS ? CH-R chaps. Ace Alloys.

Cheers dude. Yes those are bbs chr. Had them refurbished recently (plus fitted a set of Michelin ps4s) so will be mint for spring if only I had some nice microfibre wheel bags to store them over winter

4455a1bf56bceea6b0de47b645d3b8d0.jpg