Chainsawbob

Recall 60E2 - Pano Roof

Just a quick note to say that my R went in for an oil service today.. and a Recall 60E2 was carried out on the pano roof..

As usual they were not very forthcoming regarding what the recall was about, or what was need to resolve the issue.. what I did manage to squeeze out if them was.. ‘something to do with the pano roof drainage; to stop potential water ingress’..

To be fair, when I picked up the R it was pitch black and pissing down.. so will have a look to see if I can see any difference of the recall resolution tomorrow..

Just wanted to let you guys know of the recall.. if you have a pano roof that is.. please note that this may only be a year thing, so your car may not be affected..

My R is a mk7 65 2016 wagon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers. Mine was done yesterday. Messed up my paint but that's another story... The recall has been out since Feb I think but no one contacted me about it. 16 plate. 

The fix is just a case of fitting a wider end piece of the drainage pipe, where it drains water to the road. They also do something to the top part and need to remove some internal trim to get to the pipe. 

I had water ingress in passenger footwell. Water would run into cabin to the left of the glove box, coming in through the light. I fixed most of it myself as it was due to mud inside the arch. I couldn't clean the drainage tube tho as I didn't dare remove the pillar trim.

They didn't remove the wheel arch line so I wonder how good the work really is. I know this as I screwed it back incorrectly and they didn't correct it. 

Lots of rain so I should see later. 

On 20/12/2019 at 17:58, Soche said:

The recall has been out since Feb I think but no one contacted me about it. 16 plate. 

They're service campaigns, (recalls are for safety related matters) they only do them when they see the cars. 

21 hours ago, Chainsawbob said:

fair enough.. only repeating what the dude at VW said.. emoji106.pngemoji106.png

No bother :thumbsup: It was a reply to the other guy put out that VW didn't call him in. They don't for service works but would for a recall.

The dealers don't help by confusing everything but then can't answer the question when a customer queries it 😂 Suppose we should be used to it by now!!

On 20/12/2019 at 17:40, Chainsawbob said:

Just a quick note to say that my R went in for an oil service today.. and a Recall 60E2 was carried out on the pano roof..

As usual they were not very forthcoming regarding what the recall was about, or what was need to resolve the issue.. what I did manage to squeeze out if them was.. ‘something to do with the pano roof drainage; to stop potential water ingress’..

To be fair, when I picked up the R it was pitch black and pissing emoji943.png down.. so will have a look to see if I can see any difference of the recall resolution tomorrow..

Just wanted to let you guys know of the recall.. if you have a pano roof that is.. please note that this may only be a year thing, so your car may not be affected..

My R is a mk7 65 2016 wagon.. emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Thanks for posting this.

I will be mentioning this when the car goes in for its next service.

On 20/12/2019 at 17:58, Soche said:

Cheers. Mine was done yesterday. Messed up my paint but that's another story... The recall has been out since Feb I think but no one contacted me about it. 16 plate. 

The fix is just a case of fitting a wider end piece of the drainage pipe, where it drains water to the road. They also do something to the top part and need to remove some internal trim to get to the pipe. 

I had water ingress in passenger footwell. Water would run into cabin to the left of the glove box, coming in through the light. I fixed most of it myself as it was due to mud inside the arch. I couldn't clean the drainage tube tho as I didn't dare remove the pillar trim.

They didn't remove the wheel arch line so I wonder how good the work really is. I know this as I screwed it back incorrectly and they didn't correct it. 

Lots of rain so I should see later. 

My missus has a A3 2013 with leaking pano roof exactly the same symptoms , frame was cracked , Audi didn’t want to know , £2000 to fix it ! My 2014 R has been fine up to now touch wood !

On 23/12/2019 at 14:42, dazie00 said:

My missus has a A3 2013 with leaking pano roof exactly the same symptoms , frame was cracked , Audi didn’t want to know , £2000 to fix it ! My 2014 R has been fine up to now touch wood !

Wowsers!