Jump to content

Recommended Posts

hi guys

already got apr stage 1 with dsg tune as well r600 air intake and tt turbo  pipe fitted and tuned by @VRSNorthampton

got fantastic numbers already documented on this site 398bhp and I think 420 torques.

 

so now going stage 2 with @VRSNorthampton

wagner intercooler scorpion 200 cel down pipe stage 2 map new coilpacks and plugs with full service at a great price.

 

cant wait for the pops and crackles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tuono said:

hi guys

already got apr stage 1 with dsg tune as well r600 air intake and tt turbo  pipe fitted and tuned by @VRSNorthampton

got fantastic numbers already documented on this site 398bhp and I think 420 torques.

 

so now going stage 2 with @VRSNorthampton

wagner intercooler scorpion 200 cel down pipe stage 2 map new coilpacks and plugs with full service at a great price.

 

cant wait for the pops and crackles 

Sounds great, that's the route I will soon be taking with the Wagner and scorpion 200 cel. I'm currently stage 1 Apr with TT inlet and R600 tuned by VRS. What sort of price are they quoting for the work if you don't mind ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, R3DM said:

Sounds great, that's the route I will soon be taking with the Wagner and scorpion 200 cel. I'm currently stage 1 Apr with TT inlet and R600 tuned by VRS. What sort of price are they quoting for the work if you don't mind ?

sent you a pm.

 

20 hours ago, R3DM said:

Are you going for the pops and bang map ? I think with the downpipe and res delete you get quite nice over run pops on a stage 2 map anyway

definitely going for the pops and bangs map.

not to sure what improvement I'm going to get with this upgrade anyone who's gone from stage 1 to 2 with my mods feel free to post and let me 

 

know what to expect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JYou’ll have better exhaust note and better throttle response with stronger low end torque which pulls right across rev band. It basically removes any turbo lag. I find it’s almost like a v8 the way it pulls from low all way across rev band. It still always amazes me a 2l 4cy can have so much torque and minimal turbo lag whilst making 400hp. As you’d be aware it’s not day and night improvement like stage 1 but still noticeable. 
 

I love stage 2 and even added the bcs res delete after to enhance the bangs and pops even more as still fairly reserved in cabin with DP. 
 

your stage 1 results very strong. Are you going to dyno again on same dyno at stage 2? Normally you’d expect about 20hp and 20lbs gain across rev band. 
 

look forward to seeing your thoughts and results once done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mp2811 said:

your stage 1 results very strong. Are you going to dyno again on same dyno at stage 2? Normally you’d expect about 20hp and 20lbs gain across rev band. 

yeah same dyno just waiting for vrs to get parts in should all be done by end of month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i went from apr stage 1 to apr stage 2 high torque with VRS using the exact same hard ware as you.  my car made 386bhp stage 1 with r600 and tt intake pipe.  After going stage 2 it made 414bhp 434 ft lbs. beware they don't normally dyno the car again so you may have to pay extra, i did.  Although  i did source and fitted all the hard ware myself so that maybe a factor.  For me personally the transformation was huge.  I guess it depends how you drive. As for the pop and crackle map its quite subtle and not really to my taste. However its only in race mode anyway and with this much power you can just drive around in eco lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the reply 

I've got amazing figures from my stage 1tune and dsg map from

vrs

 

and I've got the dyno sheet from them to prove it

 

hopefully I can get an improvement

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thanks for the reply 
I've got amazing figures from my stage 1tune and dsg map from
vrs
 
and I've got the dyno sheet from them to prove it
 
hopefully I can get an improvement
 

398bhp from stage 1


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, slider09 said:


398bhp from stage 1 emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I’m the same, 398 bhp and 415 ft/lbs torque.....stage 1 mods with the addition of a Wagner FMIC so it is possible. Rick at Unicorn can certainly work his magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EcosseGolfR said:


I’m the same, 398 bhp and 415 ft/lbs torque.....stage 1 mods with the addition of a Wagner FMIC so it is possible. Rick at Unicorn can certainly work his magic.

That’s impressive on Ricks dyno. I think those numbers possible with full intake including inlet and IC upgrade. 
 

Dyno tuning tool and the most important is before/after on same dyno. Plenty of other ways to test how strong tune is with 0-60 times, 100-200 and 1/4 and trap. Plenty of those on here and other forums certainly back up both APR and Ricks tunes stage 2 HO dyno numbers. 
 

when you’re able to do 0-60 in 3.2s and mid 11s in quarter mile the power is clearly there. As long as car performs well, no issues and you’re happy with way it drives, sounds that’s all that counts. Some people put too much into dyno numbers. 
 

at least Dans post above give OP good idea of what his final result should be very similar mods and same tune on same dyno. Of course every car different and different temps etc at time of dyno. 
 

I think as we all know 400+hp and 420+lbs makes our R a very very fast car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, goodbadboy said:
18 hours ago, mp2811 said:

I think as we all know 400+hp and 420+lbs makes our R a very very fast car. 

:afro:

I love my r lets see how's this pan's  out it's fu$$ing rapid now ands it a lot of money going stage 2 with the uprated ic.

hope its worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...