Msportman

A45S. How much ! PCP Quote Details!

Passing my local Merc dealer in WSM they were very interested in my R when I popped in being nosey to see if the new A45S had landed. No another month for the demo to arrive.

Sales rep a real car nut ex VW asked if I’d be interested in some figures for a PCP deal on the new A45S.

First thing he was keen to stress there would be no deals, no dealership contributions unlike BMW on the M2 as the car is so new.

The PCP finance figures are quite eye watering.

RRP with metallic paint on the A45S with VAT is £58053.

PCP are fixed to 5.8% APR

Deposit £5000

Monthly 48 x £741

Balloon Payment after 48 months £27k !!

8k a year mileage 

So basically you’re borrowing £53k over 4 years and the accrued interest is costing approx £10k over the four years on the monthly figures illustrated.

Then you face £27k or get another in 4 years! Didn’t think the last A45 were brilliant residuals.

First years road tax is £1200 approx

£565 thereafter for 5 years from

memory,

Blimey makes a Golf R look very cheap😀

Thats made my mind up for the foreseeable.

The tech and presence of the car is nice.

20bhp extra I wouldn’t really notice tbh.

I‘m thinking more and more a used FL RS3 looks quite good value be it being older but sounds better.

Your thoughts .....

That's just plain daft.

that quote is ridiculously high.

the APR is a joke.

It's also slight bollox when they say there is no movement on price.

Unless they are a Mercedes owned dealership (a bit like Park Lane is the only BMW dealership), then each franchise has the ability to move on prices. Yes the manufacturer can advise them not to offer any discount, its advisory though (can lead to arguments though lol).

This is why most give a crazy trade in offer for someone's car, it's trade in price plus discount against the other car. 

Ye that is a poor deal though, just need to do a bit of research and you’ll get much better. 

But I agree, whichever way you look at it it’s going to make an R look like a bargain, but your comparing new vs old and stock vs modified which isn’t entirely fair. Going off what RENNtech have said it looks like a stage 2 A45s would be around 540bhp.  

50 minutes ago, Kirk_88 said:

Ye that is a poor deal though, just need to do a bit of research and you’ll get much better. 

But I agree, whichever way you look at it it’s going to make an R look like a bargain, but your comparing new vs old and stock vs modified which isn’t entirely fair. Going off what RENNtech have said it looks like a stage 2 A45s would be around 540bhp.  

I agree stock v nodded but it puts things into perspective I suppose. It’s part of the Bristol dealerships.

So tuners have got their hands on one before the public ? I suppose the UK don’t get priority over Germany.

Still whichever way you look at it even with a small discount these are serious figures that won’t alter that much and only the well heeled will only afford initially.

3 minutes ago, Msportman said:

I agree stock v nodded but it puts things into perspective I suppose. It’s part of the Bristol dealerships.

So tuners have got their hands on one before the public ? I suppose the UK don’t get priority over Germany.

Still whichever way you look at it even with a small discount these are serious figures that won’t alter that much and only the well heeled or those who are financially inept and eager to take on debt will only afford initially.

Added a slight correction to your wording above 

8 minutes ago, Msportman said:

Still whichever way you look at it even with a small discount these are serious figures that won’t alter that much and only the well heeled will only afford initially.

Yes mate, have a read here 

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/renntech-will-boost-your-amg-a45-s-almost-600bhp

Yeap the WSM branch is part of “Sytner”  group. The sales guy knew it was a casual enquiry in all fairness and did say there maybe some room to reduce the monthly down by £15-20 per month. Wow

M2 Comp before Christmas on 0% worked out at just under £500 a month so significantly cheaper but that’s on a bone stock car ‘if’ available. BMW trying to move stock before Christmas.

Where image and appearances greatly matter, then people will pay large and overpay for the latest, greatest, must have items......the A45S when spanking new will fall into this category for some.   They May even, initially, change hands at a premium.  
It doesn’t last long.

6-9 months will see the discounts gather size and pace.

For me, even with discounts and deals, an A45S is just way beyond my means.😀

6 minutes ago, NRW said:

Where image and appearances greatly matter, then people will pay large and overpay for the latest, greatest, must have items......the A45S when spanking new will fall into this category for some.   They May even, initially, change hands at a premium.  
It doesn’t last long.

6-9 months will see the discounts gather size and pace.

For me, even with discounts and deals, an A45S is just way beyond my means.😀

While I could afford it, I don't really see what it really offers over a number of other AWD 2.0 hatchbacks (including both S3 and RS3).

at those prices I would want more cyclinders, more than 2.0.

in real world driving (talking Wales, Scotland, Dales, B roads etc) its handling and soaking up crap roads that is key more than outright bhp.

take an A35 AMG and a A45S AMG on the NC 500 route would you really get the benefit of that price hike?

TBH if going for a car around that price I would wait for the new M3, yes more pennies but for me discounts would be king.

it would have more room, more power, as much driveability etc.

or go for a C63.

i just don't get paying premium prices for 2.0 litres.

Interest rate isn’t terrible but everything else about that is!

My money is going to the rs3 next time around. I’m thinking (/hoping) there will be some deals about for them in about a year or so as the new a3 isn’t far off now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, keano said:

Interest rate isn’t terrible but everything else about that is! emoji23.pngemoji23.png

My money is going to the rs3 next time around. I’m thinking (/hoping) there will be some deals about for them in about a year or so as the new a3 isn’t far off now... emoji1696.png

The interest rate is shocking.

other manufacturers are managing 0%.

banks etc will do 2.9%

with no discount from Mercedes and that APR, it's very much dick Turpin type of thing.

13 hours ago, Gavras said:

While I could afford it, I don't really see what it really offers over a number of other AWD 2.0 hatchbacks (including both S3 and RS3).

at those prices I would want more cyclinders, more than 2.0.

in real world driving (talking Wales, Scotland, Dales, B roads etc) its handling and soaking up crap roads that is key more than outright bhp.

take an A35 AMG and a A45S AMG on the NC 500 route would you really get the benefit of that price hike?

TBH if going for a car around that price I would wait for the new M3, yes more pennies but for me discounts would be king.

it would have more room, more power, as much driveability etc.

or go for a C63.

i just don't get paying premium prices for 2.0 litres.

Good points.

I doubt many including journalists will be able to exploit its ability on a good B road over an R trick diff or not.

On another point already raised by some Journalists about how fun it is on track with the new diff if I had just bought a £58k A45S on a PCP I certainly wouldn’t want to rag the death out of it on circuit. Maybe in a few years that would change when values drop.

Still some would risk it and others can afford to write it off on track.

7 hours ago, Msportman said:

Good points.

I doubt many including journalists will be able to exploit its ability on a good B road over an R trick diff or not.

On another point already raised by some Journalists about how fun it is on track with the new diff if I had just bought a £58k A45S on a PCP I certainly wouldn’t want to rag the death out of it on circuit. Maybe in a few years that would change when values drop.

Still some would risk it and others can afford to write it off on track.

The A45s as a track car... £58k opens the door to rather nice track options.

a used atom, nomad etc would prove to be more fun and importantly far easier to work on.

i hate to imagine just what extra cash would be required to turn the A45S in to a decent track car, with ease of maintenance, repaiir etc.

The interest rate is shocking.

other manufacturers are managing 0%.

banks etc will do 2.9%

with no discount from Mercedes and that APR, it's very much dick Turpin type of thing.

Only as special offers, or for other marques that most aren’t interested in (Hyundai etc).

Banks will do 2.9% on a pcp? On a loan maybe but not pcp...?

The rate is mental and otherwise totally agree given base rate, but that rate is not untypical from manufacturers really...

That being said I’ve not looked into finance recently so I could easily be out of date already!