7.5R Estate - Build Log

BlackGolfREstate

11 hours ago, NRW said:

The Mirror caps are an easy-ish thing to change. The Rail’s are often “wrapped”.  Some bits of Optional kit can be retrofitted, but not always cheaply.  Lots will have already been done if you need tips etc. and help comes to those who ask. 👍

How close a match would the black mirror caps be to the black of the car itself? 

18 minutes ago, Alps said:

How close a match would the black mirror caps be to the black of the car itself? 

I specced mine Black as an Option from new, so the VW parts are a perfect match.   I’m Not sure if when bought as a part if the Black caps come Matt or matching black paint. 
A body shop would probably be able to spray an eBay/aliex pair....

33 minutes ago, starmagsi said:

They have the mirror caps here...

https://clptuning.co.uk/product/genuine-gloss-black-mirror-caps-volkswagen-golf-mk7-r/

I have always assumed that these are painted the same gloss black as the b-pillars/rear spoiler ‘struts’...

You are correct. I was not sufficiently clear earlier, sorry. They are Gloss black. I know some of the aftermarket Caps are Matt finish.   Some have chosen to spray in body colour for a better overall look, but yes, Gloss is right.   

• 1 month later...

Update on a few bits done this week.

Reiger front splitter

Small LEGAL front plate. Actually starting to like it as much as no plate. (the Eagle eyed amoung you will notice I stuck it on about 2mm off centre. I cant be arsed to re-do it but I will at some point )

Rear 13mm Forge spacers. Really pleased with the fit.

Annual service/ inspection/ haldex service at OBD-Works (also fitted the splitter). Top notch service as usual. Only person I would let near my car. Cares about it as much as you do. Mental how much the haldex filter clogs up after just 3000 miles. As this car isnt a daily im sparing no expense and servicing engine and gear box every 12 months although I'm only doing about 3k a year.

Overall very happy camper.

Hope everyone's keeping well! Fingers crossed we can get some meets going in the summer!e8bb468ebcec70c524eee3a6bbb67859.jpge5408796e4cd97616bb1024ab6076d2b.jpge13d007701a48c43ecef2548bf0799fe.jpg2ce7c684f7ad424270bfc61b0f4d05cc.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Very nice R!  Think it looks great with the short front plate (hate cars without plates, lol).  Must be good peace of mind to get the Haldex done and to have an indie garage that you can totally trust.  
Haha yer I think I prefer it now. No plate was a bit special edition corsa

James (obd-works owner) is a good long term friend too. One of the nicest people you could meet. Just him on his own in a unit.

Back when I had a bit of a crazy Corrado. I bought the super charger etc.. and booked a week off work to spend as his b**ch. Was such a great experience taking the engine out stripping it all down and rebuilding it/fitting the charger and other items. Where else would you be able to do such a thing. Took the time to explain and teach me all about various things as we did it. Amazing contact to have.

Me and a few German car nuts in Oxford area love him. Gotta book a month or so in advance but so worth it. He's built some crazy/beautiful cars too. Actually influenced my purchase of a VW over others because I wanted to keep using James @ OBD-works lol.

2 hours ago, BlackGolfREstate said:

Back when I had a bit of a crazy Corrado. I bought the super charger etc.. and booked a week off work to spend as his b**ch. Was such a great experience taking the engine out stripping it all down and rebuilding it/fitting the charger and other items. Where else would you be able to do such a thing. Took the time to explain and teach me all about various things as we did it. Amazing contact to have.

Me and a few German car nuts in Oxford area love him. Gotta book a month or so in advance but so worth it. He's built some crazy/beautiful cars too. Actually influenced my purchase of a VW over others because I wanted to keep using James @ OBD-works lol.

That’s the sort of thing that’s absolutely great to read!  

Great looking car! It's given me a poke to get the next bits done to my wagon! The Forge intake looks lush and I am going to get the same, the odd carbon part is always nice to see. How much was the ECU/TCU map at MRC? I've heard great things about them but I'm swaying towards R-Tech because of the cost savings and they also have good reviews of their work.

Great looking car! It's given me a poke to get the next bits done to my wagon! The Forge intake looks lush and I am going to get the same, the odd carbon part is always nice to see. How much was the ECU/TCU map at MRC? I've heard great things about them but I'm swaying towards R-Tech because of the cost savings and they also have good reviews of their work.  

About 800 all in for engine and gear box. But well worth the gains. I can't recommend it enough. Intake. Big turbo elbow. And your near 400bhp. Will completely change your car