7.5R Estate - Build Log

BlackGolfREstate

• 1 month later...

Awsome work on the car. How is the mrc map going? Is the dsg better to use? I want to go stage 1 on my mk7.5 r estate but im slightly worried about the standard turbo so have been looking at the L380x supercore but seems that will also need an upgraded intercooler. Thinking a stage 1 will be enough for me and should go well with the intake mods and bcs res delete I have. Just weighing it all up really so any info on your mrc tube would be useful. Keep it up car looks fantastic. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Alps said:

Simply.... Why??? :shocked:

In short, my partners has lost her job and another mini me might be on the way, 

I have a company car, and she has a car, so this is a luxury that in the grand scheme of things I cannot afford now. It's heart breaking. But that's life I guess..... Going to re-focus on getting a bigger house then who knows.. maybe one day ill be able to own a car like this again....

If you hear of a man in Oxford jumping off a bridge, you know where I went..... haha x 

16 hours ago, BlackGolfREstate said:

I have a company car, and she has a car, so this is a luxury that in the grand scheme of things I cannot afford now. It's heart breaking. But that's life I guess..... Going to re-focus on getting a bigger house then who knows.. maybe one day ill be able to own a car like this again....

If you hear of a man in Oxford jumping off a bridge, you know where I went..... haha x 

Sorry to hear your partner has lost her job, and such a shame you have to sell your lovely R…but congratulations if the mini me is a go!  

Good luck with the sale, it’s a beautiful car.  

We love our cars like babies. I know, so do I.

Some people struggle to have babies, some can have only one (be it biology or finance), and many can’t afford a third car (I turn down company cars and get reimbursed monthly, just so I can keep my ‘nice car’, as having 3 costs a bundle here. So my car does 1,500 miles/month, most of which are for work).

TL;DR - you and your partner should feel very blessed that you have, for a while, had 3 cars, and that you are well and healthy and are about to have a bigger family.

Life comes first and should always.
All the rest, can be replaced at a later time.

Disclaimer: I’m 45yo so I’m probably having a mid-life crisis making me more pensive and mindful ... but then again, buying a Golf R, what better way to have a crisis, right ? :-)

19 hours ago, BlackGolfREstate said:

Mate I know exactly where you're coming from. I was in a similar situation a while back, queuing whether or not I can fully justify life's unnecessary luxuries or not. I oped with the NO option. 

Best of luck with the house hunt and congratulations if the mini-me 2 is on the way :)  

We love our cars like babies. I know, so do I.

Some people struggle to have babies, some can have only one (be it biology or finance), and many can’t afford a third car (I turn down company cars and get reimbursed monthly, just so I can keep my ‘nice car’, as having 3 costs a bundle here. So my car does 1,500 miles/month, most of which are for work).

TL;DR - you and your partner should feel very blessed that you have, for a while, had 3 cars, and that you are well and healthy and are about to have a bigger family.

Life comes first and should always.
All the rest, can be replaced at a later time.

Disclaimer: I’m 45yo so I’m probably having a mid-life crisis making me more pensive and mindful ... but then again, buying a Golf R, what better way to have a crisis, right ? :-)
The older I get. The more I realise there's no such thing as a mid life crisis.

In reality, its just the kids and life finally getting to a stage where dad can by himself something nice with the money that he earns

Thanks for kind words mate. Appreciate that x

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk