HI Folks, As I've just installed a DTE Pedal Box almost 2 weeks ago....I'm just wondering what settings everyone is using?...(IE..Where is your "sweet spot"?

Currently I'm on Sport Mode (Orange Light) + 3.....and I like it a lot....:smiley:

I'm still chopping and changing the settings on mine....but will keep it where it is for the time being...:)

What setting are all the other R Pedal Box users using?...:wink:

Sweet spot for me is Sport program (amber) +2.  Mine is the old version so that’s Amber and 2 green lights, which on the latest pedal boxes equates to Amber and 2 red lights, as they switched +/- light colours around.  

When I first I added the pedal box back in 2016, I started out with it in Sport (amber) neutral (no + or - lights) and ran it like that for a while. Then I increased it to +1 (still in Sport prog) and then another to +2 and that’s where I’ve kept it.  About two months purely out of interest I cranked it up to +3 but after a few days set it back to +2 as I found it ‘too much’.  So Sport program +2 is the perfect setting for me.  

Now you’ve had yours on a little while Paul, switch it off and try and drive it for half hour without. Let’s see if you can get past 5 mins before switching it back on again!  😂

21 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Now you’ve had yours on a little while Paul, switch it off and try and drive it for half hour without. Let’s see if you can get past 5 mins before switching it back on again!  😂

I will do this Rebecca and report back....:lol:

I have the older style one and I’m also running Amber +2 green which is the perfect one for me.

I had to work up to that though I first started with Amber -2 and slowly moved up.

I did try it on Red (race) -3 which was pretty good but for daily might be too much, I turned it off out of interest and I thought my car was broken lol I could never go back now, can’t believe I didn’t think I needed one before I got it 😂

I'm the older version and amber+3 which works perfectly for way I drive. 

In regards to switching it off for half an hour, try 1 minute lol. I had mate drive my car and I turned it off on him and first time he hit the accelerator once it was off,  he was like WTF did you do? put it back on now! That's how noticeable the change is with and without it. 

Mines set at Sport with no plus or minus lights. Seems fine for me but I've not played with it that much.

I've got to remove it next weekend as it goes in for its first service in a week. I wouldn't normally bother but I need a dashboard rattle fixing and they'll probably look right where the box is plugged in - so I suppose I'd better remove it! 🙂

Brilliant bit of kit to enhance the driving experience and pretty low risk of any damage or warranty issues, in my opinion. Insurance wasn't affected either with VW. 👍

17 hours ago, ellixtt said:

I have the older style one and I’m also running Amber +2 green which is the perfect one for me.

I had to work up to that though I first started with Amber -2 and slowly moved up.

I did try it on Red (race) -3 which was pretty good but for daily might be too much, I turned it off out of interest and I thought my car was broken lol I could never go back now, can’t believe I didn’t think I needed one before I got it 😂

Appreciate the feedback Ellixitt...:afro:

14 minutes ago, academic83 said:

I've read the guide but is it easy to fit?

The newer version (from when the guide was written) got a better clip?

it's very simple to fit, the hardest bit for me was clipping the little cubby back in, that can be a bit stiff :D

Mine is set to Sport+3 and the difference really is incredible. As others have said, if you turn it off if feels like the car is actually broken. Hard to believe that the pedal used to feel like it did without the box fitted 

1 hour ago, academic83 said:

I've read the guide but is it easy to fit?

The newer version (from when the guide was written) got a better clip?

I believe the old grey clip was updated to an oem style clip as there were issues whereby the old grey clip would break easily on removing the pedal box. I think that the change to the red clip made it easier also to install as the clip is less stiff than the old style.  So even easier to fit now. 

I differ in that I use the almost lowest setting, (City/Green with no + or - lights). That's enough to get rid of the dead spot and give some earlier kick downs but without any particular hyper activity because I can, after all, squeeze my foot a bit more if I want to go faster. I find this a nice every day balance for just using Drive or for when going quicker and choosing my own gears.