I’m City green 0 also.
Didn’t get on with the box to start with but wouldn’t be without it now.
Reading this thread has prompted me to up a notch and try the next setting.
J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

Changed mine to Sport Plus (0)....RED....:lol:

Yes worth experimenting with the different modes. Sport Plus is nuts and good fun 😃, but I dont think I could live with it day to day! Good to try for a couple of days.

I've recently changed mine from Sport (orange) 0 to +2. Had to take it off last week when it went into the dealers and couldnt wait to refit when I got it back. Drives very dull without it fitted.

Best mod you can do to a Golf R and well worth the money. I think it actually gives the illusion the car is tuned/remapped due to the power coming in much sooner. Of course it wont be any quicker on full throttle but its nice not having to press the throttle too hard to make decent progress. 👍

14 hours ago, Jens0n said:

I’m City green 0 also.
Didn’t get on with the box to start with but wouldn’t be without it now.
Reading this thread has prompted me to up a notch and try the next setting.
J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let us know what you think Jenson...:afro:

12 hours ago, kolev17 said:

Old style - Sport/orange +2/green works well 

That my perfect setting. I did try +3 greens (old style box) recently, but it was just a little too frenetic so dropped it back. Perfect again. 

12 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

Let us know what you think Jenson...:afro:

OK, so this is a little embarrassing... back in early December I had a battery changed under warrantee.  What I didn't realise was that it must have reset PB to it's 'stock mode' and it's been set as such - until today.  

Done the calibration routine, set it back to 'City 0'  and went for a drive, had forgot what a difference it makes.

I'll run on City 0 for the next week or so then up a level to 'Sport' and see how get on.

J

Came across this interesting comment with regards a pedal box on a new BMW M135i xdrive. Seems they dont work well on all cars.

This guy owned a Golf R, anyone on here?

https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=126530

image.thumb.png.ab72ab8544b0aa9251358486c4649bb3.png

note the comments are about the M135i as it came from a BMW forum!

I must say you guys are convincing me to get a pedal box when I get my R.

I would be looking at going stage 1 early on, though - which would be the best way to get used to this, fitting a pedal box before going stage 1, or after?

Thanks,

Mike

6 hours ago, MikeM said:

- which would be the best way to get used to this, fitting a pedal box before going stage 1, or after?

I would definitely wait until after Stage 1.  IIRC some (not all)  tuners improve the throttle response, so you might not need the pedalbox after a tune.

13 hours ago, MikeM said:

I must say you guys are convincing me to get a pedal box when I get my R.

I would be looking at going stage 1 early on, though - which would be the best way to get used to this, fitting a pedal box before going stage 1, or after?

Thanks,

Mike

Go Stage 1...then get Pedal Box in my opinion....:afro:...I did and am very happy with both...:smiley:

So after a few days of driving and trying different settings i have settled on eco +3. Its reduced the tip in nicely. Found sport gave too much throttle for the amount of input needed and i do have quite a heavy foot. 

Need to install the jb1 now. If it stops raining!