I remember seeing a discussion thread on golfmk7.com where someone posted a picture of a mk7 and mk7.5 Golf front wings and there is actually differences where the front wing joins the front bumper, and the headlamp aperture in the wing is different; mk7 vs mk7.5. I’ve tried finding the discussion thread on that forum but I’ve failed miserably! 

You’d probably never be aware of the differences unless the two wings were compared alongside one another. 

When the mk7.5 was launched, VW’s promotional marketing material did state that one of the changes compared to the mk7 was new wings, so the above seems to bear that out. 

I’ll keep looking to see if I can find the discussion thread on golfmk7.com and if I do, I’ll post a link. 

Link to the mk7.5 press release below which was posted on golfgtiforum.co.uk. (Post #527 in the discussion thread). Reference to new front wings for the mk7.5 can be found in paragraph 13 of the press release, which states;

Design modifications include new bumpers front and rear, new halogen headlights with LED daytime running lights or full LED headlights – standard in higher specification cars and optional in other models – instead of xenon headlights; new front wings; and, as mentioned, new full LED rear lights as standard for all Golf versions.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272800.msg2557203#msg2557203