MidnightR

New owner - Cheshire

Hi all,

Recently bought a '15 plate R, having been keen on one for quite a while, and being completely sold when my mate took me out in his.

Went with Night Blue, Prets, DSG, pro nav etc. Really impressed with pretty much every aspect of the car - performance, refinement, (subtle) looks. Only thing missing is the sound to match, which I'm planning to improve with a res delete in the coming months.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi" and look forward to getting involved in the forum!

Hi Richard and welcome. Sounds nice. Share pics please when u can and your views.  Good to hear of another guy smitten by the charms of an R.  They are just such good things to have in your life!  Keep smiling and enjoying learning all it can do.  Tons of help on here with everything R and not so R related.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, NRW said:

Hi Richard and welcome. Sounds nice. Share pics please when u can and your views.  Good to hear of another guy smitten by the charms of an R.  They are just such good things to have in your life!  Keep smiling and enjoying learning all it can do.  Tons of help on here with everything R and not so R related.

Cheers.

Thanks NRW. I was hoping to get some photos yesterday after an afternoon cleaning... But rain stopped play!

The forum has been a great reference point on a couple of topics already.

Cheers!

15 hours ago, MidnightR said:

Hi all,

Recently bought a '15 plate R, having been keen on one for quite a while, and being completely sold when my mate took me out in his.

Went with Night Blue, Prets, DSG, pro nav etc. Really impressed with pretty much every aspect of the car - performance, refinement, (subtle) looks. Only thing missing is the sound to match, which I'm planning to improve with a res delete in the coming months.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi" and look forward to getting involved in the forum!

Welcome to the forum Richard...Specs sounds great....Congrats...Post a pic or two up when you can....Not too many Night Blue R's about....:welcome::afro:

Welcome.

Beware of the res delete mod.Mine had it done when I bought it and didn’t realise,the drone was un bearable and it sounded like I was racing everywhere.I ended up putting a Milltek resonated cat back system on with valves and it’s much more civilised.

2 hours ago, Clarkie48 said:

Welcome.

Beware of the res delete mod.Mine had it done when I bought it and didn’t realise,the drone was un bearable and it sounded like I was racing everywhere.I ended up putting a Milltek resonated cat back system on with valves and it’s much more civilised.

Thanks, good to be here!!

Appreciate the word of warning - I'm hoping to find something that's a bit of a happy medium, not obnoxious during day to day driving but exciting when getting a bit more 'spirited'.  I was leaning towards the BSC res delete with anti-drone, but always happy to hear alternatives.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

Welcome to the forum Richard...Specs sounds great....Congrats...Post a pic or two up when you can....Not too many Night Blue R's about....:welcome::afro:

Thanks Paul!  Planning to get some good photos taken when I get some decent weather....any...day....now! 🤞