TheIncredibleGolf

What's the biggest thing you've ever driven?

Thought this might be a bit of giggle. So what is the biggest thing you've ever driven?

Mine was this beast a Volvo FH500 and this particular picture was taken at the end of a very long day at the Watford Gap services, back when I took a year out of my usual industry to go tramping. Was fun but would not change my current career for it but do like to drive as and when I can on the weekends as I just love driving.

Was running back heavy from PalletForce Hub picked up a load of overflow to bring back, 28 pallets worth full to the back doors she was heavy.

This was a great firm to work for I might add one of the best to treat their drivers well most don't believe me.

Fh500.jpg

24 Tonnes, 232kW, 25kph Bean harvester I design .
The software controlled 4 wheel steering was a real headache .
Bean.thumb.png.a4a87e043c553b280b8ad589c30bf252.png

We had a crane delivery delayed because Grove were trying to iron out the active steering. It’s designed to lock over a certain speed so you don’t end up wandering whilst travelling at higher speeds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That sounds very similar camelsac. This machine is either 2 wheel, 4 wheel or crab steering while in field mode, but then when in road mode its a form of limited 4 wheel steering at slow speeds then locks into 2 wheel steering at higher speeds but it gave me a serious headache trying to write the software. Very satisfying once i'd completed it though 😁.

Nothing that can hold a candle to Camel!  Being born and raised in the US, I've driven my share of Yank-tanks:  Cadillacs, Lincolns, Chrysler Imperials, gigantic '60s and '70s station wagons, etc.  Some when they were new, others owned by car-collector friends.  Also an occasional medium-duty truck and even a short spell with 40-foot transit buses.   My weakness is full-size 'Murican pickups; have owned several over the years.  In fact I recently succumbed to temptation and placed a factory order (first time ever) for something I'll share with the forum in due time.  Not to worry, the R obsession remains as strong as ever.

16 minutes ago, Shug said:

On a test track at an R&D facility in Southern California..

14175C70-C455-4BD5-AE18-F8CA7BAAC1D8.jpeg

This I just the thing for the local Supermarket, and the usual Parker’s. 😂