Ted Striker

Autocar Golf 8 Undisguised.

Sadly I'd rather they put the disguise back on!  That looks like a cheap Chinese copy of the Mk7.5.  Zero to tempt me to ever "upgrade" in the looks or performance dept. Doesn't seem great considering how much direct completion it now faces. 

Oh great just what we need in a road car 'drift mode'.

exactly what fuckwits are going to use that?

i can predict MK8 thefts being higher than MK7, as there will be a market for repairing bodywork damage etc.

thats type of thing to leave as an expensive option.

17 minutes ago, tortoise99 said:

Hey, come on. It's not too bad. Actually I think it looks ok tbh.

Are we looking at the same photos? Lol.

Seriously though, It's pretty underwhelming. We should really reserve judgement (they do say its a prototype) but the signs are not great. The front end of the Golf 8 has come in for a lot of stick, but is there also something not quite right about the rear light cluster? Its as if the designer was drawing, crossing out, re-drawing, crossing out again, then got completely fed up and thought "Oh, f*ck it, that'll do".

It’s certainly an unwelcome assault on the eyes in those photos.  If you look closely at sections of the front end near the intakes, lower areas of the rear end and side sills, still looks to be a fair amount of disguise there to my eyes (and not snow).  Here’s hoping something hiding will in part rescue it from styling death!  

7 hours ago, Booth11 said:

It’s certainly an unwelcome assault on the eyes in those photos.  If you look closely at sections of the front end near the intakes, lower areas of the rear end and side sills, still looks to be a fair amount of disguise there to my eyes (and not snow).  Here’s hoping something hiding will in part rescue it from styling death!  

What happens when this thing starts getting submitted for photo of the month competition? :D