Sign in to follow this  
DTT_30

Buying at end of lease

Not VW, but BMW, I actually called them up and discussed options as I needed sufficient time to either order next car or lease something else.

i would imagine with VWFS, you can just give them a call and discuss.

I'm very much into the time of needing to order something else - but given there's not much of interest out there at the moment at a reasonable price point will give them  a ring to see what they're saying.

Yeah give them a call. They transfer you to BCA who give you a price. Don’t expect a bargain though. We asked about a previous GTD and GTI that we leased with a plan to sell on myself and make a profit. Was slightly cheaper than forecourt but not massively so wasn’t worth the hassle. Think they offered the GTD at £15350. Found it a couple of months later in a VW dealer forecourt for £16500. However knowing the full history of the car is a massive bonus if you plan on keeping it long term. 

I plan to to enquire about my R before it goes back this time next year. But to keep for myself. I’m already looking and there’s nothing that tickles my fancy and ticks the boxes my r estate does.