Zeddicus

How to get my perfect Mk7 R...

Thanks for all the advice folks!

@goodbadboy, your car looks great! I’m afraid I am stuck on a manual box, I’ve driven autos (18 months of Jag XF and 2 years of Merc c350e) and I just can’t get on with flappy paddles. With both of my autos I had jobs that required car commutes and the auto was a godsend. However, this R is for shorter blasts, mainly, so, despite the clutch made of cheese (will upgrade it when it goes) I’m going to me looking for a manual 😀

@Andy_87, thanks for that, very encouraging that you found such a sorted spec in 2-3 months. Love the car, would be perfect for me if it had @goodbadboy’s exterior! 

I take the point about the pano roof, and that’s one I probably will compromise on if push came to shove, although I love the light it lets in.

I’ll keep you posted with progress!

With regards to manual clutch, mine is revo stage 1 and the standard clutch has been absolutely fine. Bear in mind I do not launch it though. 

I might be selling mine soon, only problem for you is its the premium oryx paint 😛 and has no climate screen but has near enough everything else. 

20 minutes ago, ReapSTAR said:

With regards to manual clutch, mine is revo stage 1 and the standard clutch has been absolutely fine. Bear in mind I do not launch it though. 

I might be selling mine soon, only problem for you is its the premium oryx paint 😛 and has no climate screen but has near enough everything else. 

Hmm, keep me posted! There’s an oryx white GTi 7.5 parked outside work and it can seem silver in sunlight - I’d have to just drive it when it’s sunny 😂

13 hours ago, Zeddicus said:

Thanks for all the advice folks!

@goodbadboy, your car looks great! I’m afraid I am stuck on a manual box, I’ve driven autos (18 months of Jag XF and 2 years of Merc c350e) and I just can’t get on with flappy paddles. With both of my autos I had jobs that required car commutes and the auto was a godsend. However, this R is for shorter blasts, mainly, so, despite the clutch made of cheese (will upgrade it when it goes) I’m going to me looking for a manual 😀

@Andy_87, thanks for that, very encouraging that you found such a sorted spec in 2-3 months. Love the car, would be perfect for me if it had @goodbadboy’s exterior! 

I take the point about the pano roof, and that’s one I probably will compromise on if push came to shove, although I love the light it lets in.

I’ll keep you posted with progress!

Thanks for the compliment Zeddicus...:smiley:...I wish you luck with search for the perfectly spec'd R you are after....be patient is my only advice...You will find "the one"....:afro:

This is an opportune time to determine your spec preferences and priorities.  But with your lease up in March 2021, when is the earliest you are able to  buy?  That's when you should begin the serious search.  If the window is short, be prepared to compromise on spec and/or price.  Also consider that within parameters only you can decide, you're more likely to be satisfied with a well-cared-for car in sound mechanical condition than a dodgy example with "perfect" spec.