Sign in to follow this  
hazbot

Trouble disabling start/stop on latest Mk 7.5

Hi all,

I picked up a new Mk7.5 R in January, which I believe was built in November 2019. 

I tried to disable start/stop using OBDeleven but can't seem to manage it. I had no issue disabling it in my previous 2016 Mk7 R.

I have the Pro version of OBDeleven. When I follow the usual instructions to set the "voltage threshold" in the adaption from the default 7.8V up to the recommended 12.1V , the coding is accepted - but nothing happens. Start/stop is still enabled.

When I try to use the App within OBDeleven to disable start/stop, it says "app not supported" or similar message.

Anyone successfully disabled start/stop using this method on a recently built R?

Thanks

Fergus

hasbot: Alas - access to this tweak has been forbidden in the latest MQB platform vehicles (like the mk7.5). I suspect that VW's "diesel-gate" furor has added to the new changes (guessing).

You could add a physical device across the native SS switch to achieve the same result - but it involves DIY skills

Don

On 15/02/2020 at 02:22, dv52 said:

hasbot: Alas - access to this tweak has been forbidden in the latest MQB platform vehicles (like the mk7.5). I suspect that VW's "diesel-gate" furor has added to the new changes (guessing).

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it does seem like that :(  although I think it might be a more recent change, as a friend who bought a new Mk7.5 in the latter half of last year was able to make the same OBDeleven mod successfully...

I was surprised that I didn't see more owners reporting a problem disabling S/S. It's so annoying!