Owner of a 7.5R, Auto

When i turn the car off, when the key is taken out of the ignition I get an 'Error Esc' message with the esc sign of the car with the skid marks. 

Does anyone know what causes this and if it means there is an actual problem with my Esc? It has done it about 2 or 3 times in the last month, I have not had any issues with traction or anything, but today it was slightly wet and when giving the car some power the front wheels really started to struggle for traction a bit higher up the rev range and the Esc light would flash. 

Could this be an issue with my haldex system? car is  a 2017, 7.5R with 16000 miles, due to have first haldex service in june (3 year point)

Any replies greatly appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, sibrahim10 said:

Owner of a 7.5R, Auto

When i turn the car off, when the key is taken out of the ignition I get an 'Error Esc' message with the esc sign of the car with the skid marks. 

Does anyone know what causes this and if it means there is an actual problem with my Esc? It has done it about 2 or 3 times in the last month, I have not had any issues with traction or anything, but today it was slightly wet and when giving the car some power the front wheels really started to struggle for traction a bit higher up the rev range and the Esc light would flash. 

Could this be an issue with my haldex system? car is  a 2017, 7.5R with 16000 miles, due to have first haldex service in june (3 year point)

Any replies greatly appreciated. 

Certainly an odd issue and time for it to come up. Yes there could be a haldex related issue as generally its very very difficult to get traction light to flicker, i would get the car scanned to see if anything shows up in the fault codes as a first step chances are it will lead in the right direction. 

Has anyone reported this issue before that has turned out to be a haldex pump issue or failure?
I know there has been a fair few pumps fail with no warning on the dash, it’s very strange that it would flag up an esc fault when turning the ignition off and removing the key. 

I would get the fault codes read first before jumping to any conclusions. 

3 hours ago, ReapSTAR said:

Wow, over 100 views and only 1 reply...

I agree with Sequence, have a scan first to determine if there are any errors logged on the ECU.

It could be a failed Haldex pump due to the clogging up of the inbuilt gauze or filter which doesn't exist according to VW. But best to check ECU for errors first. It could also just be a naff sensor...

How long have you owned the car and did you purchase from a stealer? If so, and it is within warranty still which is should just about be,  drop the car back to them and ask them to inform you when it is fixed whilst driving around in a shitty up they provide as a courtesy car. 

Owned the car no longer than a year, bought from a motorpoint dealership and car is within warranty, taking it to the stealers on thursday next week....have to drive a shitty polo as you said!! 

Weirdly though the weather today was horrendous so I thought I would see if I got the same traction issues and ESC flash as before, and I didn't infact I had loads of grip, very strange......not sure if the roads that day were very greasy and ESC light was having a fit....

2 hours ago, Scotty2hotty said:

Has anyone reported this issue before that has turned out to be a haldex pump issue or failure?
I know there has been a fair few pumps fail with no warning on the dash, it’s very strange that it would flag up an esc fault when turning the ignition off and removing the key. 

I would get the fault codes read first before jumping to any conclusions. 

Yep, taking next week to my local VW dealership. Had no problems driving spiritedly today in worse conditions so not sure what the car is playing at, seemed absolutely fine today, my guess is on the day the traction was bad, it was just bad conditions on the road and the car has a general electrical fault which caused the ESC error to flash on the dashboard