Pa77y Ho22er

Throttle response?

Please excuse this post if I've missed something blatantly obvious..  I'm quite happy for constructive criticism.. 

Are there two OBD11 mods for throttle response? I've done the change from controlled over time to direct response- but there is an app to change the response from standard to responsive.. is this the same thing? I've tried searches but my feeble attempts all seem to show the first mod. Please put me out of my misery ( or miserly as if this works I'll leave the pedal box and save for stage 1 tune). Many thanks 😁

Thank you, I’ve got the pro so I’ll try this and save up for the pedal box.. if it’s enough for me then I’ll add the cash to the stage one fund[emoji1303]
Yeah might as well try it with the pro but I found very little difference, pedal box is worth saving up for and wont become redundant once you go stage 1 or even further

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hated the throttle lag on the R's. Sadly one of the reasons  for getting rid of them ! 
Pedal box removes the last for under £200, completely changes the driving experience. I have only seen a couple of posts from people who didn't like the car with one fitted, but there is always the odd exception...

23 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Pedal box removes the last for under £200, completely changes the driving experience. I have only seen a couple of posts from people who didn't like the car with one fitted, but there is always the odd exception...

Thank you. I had a discussion about it with Bec. My concern was about warranty. I tend to keep all my cars as it came out of the factory 😌

4 hours ago, Nile said:

Thank you. I had a discussion about it with Bec. My concern was about warranty. I tend to keep all my cars as it came out of the factory 😌

I'm no expert but I'd find it highly unlikely a pedal box would affect your warranty. Obviously remove it before taking it in for warranty work or a service.

Unlike a tuning box (ie increase in power) I cant see how they could tell the car had been fitted with a pedal box. All it does is change the throttle characteristics.

13 minutes ago, delboy01 said:

Doesn’t just pulling the DSG lever into ‘S’ mode do the same thing and improve throttle response. ?

Yes it sort-of compares to a pedal box.

But imagine that same (in fact better) throttle response whilst in D, all the time. Then S is improved too of course.

Also driving in S moves the idle to 1100 rpm, whereas the pedal box has no effect on the idle (in D of course).

On the upper settings of the pedal box (eg Sport), it is way, way more responsive than S without the box.