NRW

329:bhp Arteon R engine

7 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

About time we added an Aerton R section? Whadda you reckon?

And that shooting brake mock up look glorious! 

Better find someone with capable I.T skills I guess :cheesy:

On 26/02/2020 at 02:36, blower said:

Yep i've hated this with the 'R-line'...but now its got worse with real R versions, not just look alikes.

'A new Touareg R is also due to arrive in 2020.'

'R' stands for race - so how the hell does that fit with a massive ugly Touareg tanker sized boat - i'd like to see that cornering hard on a race track.

As ya say i wouldn't now be suprised if they come out with a Sharan R - with foldable sport seats and launch control.

I blame fat SUV's for all this nonsense - all because the average artard, for some god knows what reason, likes to feel like they're driving a bus.
Why? - why does that feel better, being sat up right like ya on a booster seat.

I've never understood that. Do ya feel safer? - because you're not, ya less safe in reality. That gargantuan sized vehicle is more likely to roll, more likely to spin, more likely to loose control than the equivalent lower centre of gravity hatchback....and if you think it's massive outer body offers you more protection - it doesn't, its mostly just full of air and made to look fat (look at the doors on an SUV, absurdly wide and just full of air)

But this is what now sells, so sporty versions of it are appearing with high output engines - and so the trend continues of extending ya top racing brand into massive boat sized cars, making super sports versions of things where its just ridiculous.

Don't get me started on crossovers, they're even worse (just a raised up hatchback with a fat body kit and no extra interior space whatsoever) - but ya get that coveted bus driver seating position.

Ahh i best end this rant now, as i could go on all day! :D

Good rant but sidesteps the awkward fact  that the Tourag has earned its race chops, which is more than can be said for the golf R - if R for Race is youR arbiter.

Think Paris Dakar, Baja 1000 etc.   Tourag has more race success than the rest of the VW stable.     

27CEB901-F109-4B7A-97BE-A05FA9BE4605.jpeg

800 ps should be quick..

9 minutes ago, Mainframe said:

Good rant but sidesteps the awkward fact  that the Tourag has earned its race chops, which is more than can be said for the golf R - if R for Race is youR arbiter.

Think Paris Dakar, Baja 1000 etc.   Tourag has more race success than the rest of the VW stable.     

27CEB901-F109-4B7A-97BE-A05FA9BE4605.jpeg

800 ps should be quick..

I wouldn't post this on the 'Show us your stance' thread; you might get some stick 😂

33 minutes ago, Penguin said:

I wouldn't post this on the 'Show us your stance' thread; you might get some stick 😂

Lol.  I have something else in mind for that thread - with another auto project in mind....for my hiking, fishing and boating forays. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.