10 hours ago, The Kid said:

Just recently had to put my correctly spaced plates back on after 3 fines, was getting expensive. Nasty camera vans

From what I understand the police will offer a limited amount of discretion when dealing with number plates that have been subject to incorrect spacing.  One thing that was mentioned to me when I was stopped for number plate issues was that if the plates were a private purchased (cherished number) and that I did not fit plates that conformed to the spacing requirements, they would ask the DVLA to remove the number from the system. I would then have to reapply (at my expense) for a new age related number for the car. 

5 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

Let me guess, he has complained that he is always being picked on when he hasn't really done anything really wrong ?  ;)

Exactly, apparently society have it in for him.

12 hours ago, Misskbxoxo said:

Really 🙊🙊 in a space over what time? 🙈 I’m waiting for it to be fair, wonder how long it will take for a fine to come though 🤣🙀

Had 2 in two weeks. Other half said I either put proper plates back on or sell my car. Did the front one as it’s the one that faces the cameras

I'd get the spacing legal if I were you.  It will still be a very nice personal plate.

BTW what does 4D mean?  It appears to be 3D as opposed to the standard 2D plates.  Unless I've misunderstood D  = dimensional?

14 hours ago, Golf67 said:

I'd get the spacing legal if I were you.  It will still be a very nice personal plate.

BTW what does 4D mean?  It appears to be 3D as opposed to the standard 2D plates.  Unless I've misunderstood D  = dimensional?

I have invested in road legal plates just as back as a back up. Figure id rather pay out on new plates then a fine 😂 

erm honestly im not 100% sure 🤣 I think they are more bolder then 3d but not sure the exact difference. 😅 Sorry am no help! 😂

14 hours ago, Golf67 said:

It’s just a sort of fancy 3D plate (usually laser cut) with the raised characters looking more popped up.  Really more 3D+ than 4D!  I think they look great though (with legal spacing) and might go for a a laser cut version to replace my pressed plates which are starting to lose some of the edges on a couple of the black characters.  Of the 4D ones, I prefer the cleaner laser cut flat edged versions as opposed to the ‘bubble’ (like above) effect you can get, though they do look great.  

Took a while to post but this is the finished look! Topped up on all car wash & detailing stuff too (with help of Becs guide to detailing [emoji1]) so hopefully by the weekend it will be sparkling clean [emoji92][emoji92] thank you all for the welcoming! [emoji112][emoji112]
47730C5B-78BE-496C-AE93-B29DB1BE8B7B.thumb.jpeg.671a95d1538228420e6386f83a9c19d6.jpeg
EB6B28C7-7887-45FA-BC1F-7DE5BB50FB8E.thumb.jpeg.2d3f1c4f1e261272daf402c0c14ae088.jpeg

They look really good [emoji41]. Nice R too [emoji1303]

I’m just trying to look at the link that Booth put up but can’t get access to it [emoji848]. Just looking on eBay now at the laser cut ones, think I’ll get some ordered