Sign in to follow this  
roj1801

New MK 7 Estate owner

Morning all!

New member here from Glasgow. 

I’m due to collect my MK 7 estate in limestone grey on Thursday.  

I was needing a bigger car to help with the arrival of a new family member later this year and I’ve always wanted to get into an R. saw this car advertised and went ahead and bought it. 

I’m coming from a 3 door manual BMW M140i which has been a brilliant car. I will be sad to see it go. 

I’ve spent the last few days reading many posts on the forum and got some great hints and tips 👍

I’ll get some photos posted once I’ve detailed the car. 

cheers

Hi Brian, welcome here. Hope the R Wagon helps ease the hurt of saying goodbye to your M140i.  They are great cars, in all weathers, so will keep your family comfy and safe and a smile on your face.  Interested to see pics and to hear your impressions and views.  😀

1 hour ago, roj1801 said:

Morning all!

I was needing a bigger car to help with the arrival of a new family member later this year and I’ve always wanted to get into an R. saw this car advertised and went ahead and bought it. 

I’m coming from a 3 door manual BMW M140i which has been a brilliant car. I will be sad to see it go. 

I’ve spent the last few days reading many posts on the forum and got some great hints and tips 👍

cheers

Welcome to the forum, great choice.

there are plenty R Estate owners on here, quite a merry bunch.

you will not be disappointed.

word of warning if your partner drives, you may find you need to hide the keys.

the car is just so simple to drive and provides an equal amount of fun.

Welcome to VWROC Brian!  

:welcome:

Congratulations on your forthcoming R Estate. I hope you thoroughly enjoy it and it lives up to (and maybe even exceeds) your trusty M140i. And hope you get on ok with the DSG which is a truly great pairing with the R, after that initial learning period of course.   Look forward to seeing the post detail photos!  

7 hours ago, NRW said:

Hi Brian, welcome here. Hope the R Wagon helps ease the hurt of saying goodbye to your M140i.  They are great cars, in all weathers, so will keep your family comfy and safe and a smile on your face.  Interested to see pics and to hear your impressions and views.  😀

I have to be honest I really loved the test drive and I can't wait for the easy driving with the auto gearbox. 

7 hours ago, Gavras said:

Welcome to the forum, great choice.

there are plenty R Estate owners on here, quite a merry bunch.

you will not be disappointed.

word of warning if your partner drives, you may find you need to hide the keys.

the car is just so simple to drive and provides an equal amount of fun.

The car will be used as the main family car and my OH 3 door Polo will be the run around for the next few years.  She loved the test drive too so getting the keys off her could be a challenge.

7 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Welcome to VWROC Brian!  

:welcome:

Congratulations on your forthcoming R Estate. I hope you thoroughly enjoy it and it lives up to (and maybe even exceeds) your trusty M140i. And hope you get on ok with the DSG which is a truly great pairing with the R, after that initial learning period of course.   Look forward to seeing the post detail photos!  

With the traction and ease of driving it may well exceed the M140i but I will miss that 6 cylinder engine noise.  There will be plenty of photos to follow.  I have recently started an Instagram page documenting everything detailing (@that_clean_m140i) but the name will change as soon as I collect the R.  Feel free to give it a follow folks.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

22 hours ago, roj1801 said:

Morning all!

cheers

Welcome to the forum Brian....:welcome:....I can't wait to see the pics of your Mk 7 R Estate.....Be interesting to see how it compares to the M140I....:afro:

Thanks folks.

Collecting at 4pm tomorrow.  I am quite excited to get a new car (who isn't) but I will miss the 140.  It's the only brand new car I've had and I did spec it from brand new.  It has been impeccably looked after and has given me absolutely zero issues in my 3.5 years of ownership.  This Golf has big shoes to fill!!

Hey Brian.

Enjoy that night-before-feeling 😉

Ive been lucky to own all sorts of cars, new and second hand and after 1 month of ownership the R estate exceeds all my expectations.

You must be pretty excited, not many hours to go now! I hope you'll enjoy your R estate, I really love them but never driven one. But at least I have the same paint as you! :wub: I hope you'll enjoy the paint as much as I do. :afro: