danburge94

Ending my Lease Early - Help!

Hi, so i've been offered a company car from work so looking to end my lease with my golf early. I have just over one year left of my 3 year lease. I contacted Arval and they gave me two options - one is an 'Actual cost termination' and the other is I have to pay 50% of the outstanding rentals which works out at just over 2k. 

I've never heard of the 'actual cost termination', but from what I make out they take away the car to auction, and then I pay the difference between what it sells for and what they estimate the value being. Risky option as if it for some reason sells for a lot less then i'll be paying the difference (which could be a lot more than 2k).

Has anyone got any experience with this or know anything about it? I'm not sure what the best option is to go for!

Thanks in advance.

I’d try posting this in the Lease section. You’ll probably get a better answer. I’m fairly sure there are similar threads there; hopefully you’ll get a better idea of your options. Good luck 👍🏻