NRW

The fastest thing on the road is....

An observation from a bit of main road running around today.  Really quiet roads but still, the White Van drivers, of all sizes Must pass the Golf R , whatever it takes.

But it’s 08 the Astra driver, tailgating an A45 Merc AMG in traffic on a stretch of 50 mph Average speed camera observed road...then undertaking, that gets the Lewishamiltonwannabe award from me today.🤣

You can but laugh.  Any other travesties from elsewhere?

5 minutes ago, JRock_247 said:

No travesties to report but loving the quiet roads at the moment! 

Had a right old hoot last night!

Every cloud.....😀

Had to drive from London to just past Peterborough today to drop a laptop and IT kit at a new team members house.

On ACC all the way there on M25 & A1M, on the speed limit, only dropped below for a couple of minutes, will never have a run like that again... and then 15 miles on the backroads through the fens, in Race and really having fun.

Now on lockdown for next three weeks, so glad I had some fun today

1 minute ago, Shug said:

Had to drive from London to just past Peterborough today to drop a laptop and IT kit at a new team members house.

On ACC all the way there on M25 & A1M, on the speed limit, only dropped below for a couple of minutes, will never have a run like that again... and then 15 miles on the backroads through the fens, in Race and really having fun.

Now on lockdown for next three weeks, so glad I had some fun today

Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer to test out the new Michelins. My award would go to the guy from a couple weekends ago on my way back from Leeds Castle. Guy in a newer Disco bombs past at about 80mph... in a 50mph average speed camera zone... Do these guys get banned or is it just some tool with diplomatic immunity or something? Can never figure it out.

2 minutes ago, tweaked9107 said:

Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer to test out the new Michelins. My award would go to the guy from a couple weekends ago on my way back from Leeds Castle. Guy in a newer Disco bombs past at about 80mph... in a 50mph average speed camera zone... Do these guys get banned or is it just some tool with diplomatic immunity or something? Can never figure it out.

Some twats can’t work out what Average Speed means. Was overtaken by a 3 series on the M4 50 average bit a few weeks ago in the dark, at about midnight. I was doing 50 and he was doing about 75/80. Kept seeing his brake lights coming on as he past each set of cameras in a short stretch...Guess he was slowing for the cameras so he didn’t get nicked 🤪

I had a long, arduous journey from my bedroom to my workplace this morning...about 10 metres to my (spare) computer room....:lol:....Didn't even take the car....:afro:

Same here.
I hate working from home... I like the separation of work and home by actually going to work - plus the drive each way to wind down too.

Didn’t get out for a blast on quiet roads before lockdown and gutted I missed that chance now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, keano said:

Same here.
I hate working from home... I like the separation of work and home by actually going to work - plus the drive each way to wind down too.

Didn’t get out for a blast on quiet roads before lockdown and gutted I missed that chance now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I concur Keano...I think me and my R are missing each other.....Going to the garage to fire her up and letting her warm up and up to temp and keep the battery charged isn't quite the same as taking it to and from work and a blast along the nearest B-Road...:unsure:

I never try to take things for granted and after going through this Covid 19 Lockdown...I will appreciate a lot of things....least of which is getting to drive my R and get out and about...I have a new found appreciated of everything now.....If nothing else it makes you live one day at a time instead of looking too far into the future.....There are and will be some positives to come out of this....:)