Works for me although it puts it out of alignment with servicing. To keep what is considered a full VW service history do I need to complete the service within a certain time frame? It's not due until May.

7 minutes ago, tweaked9107 said:

Works for me although it puts it out of alignment with servicing. To keep what is considered a full VW service history do I need to complete the service within a certain time frame? It's not due until May.

Guess it’s best to check with your servicing dealer but some recent info on autoexpess. 

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/coronavirus/351880/coronavirus-what-does-it-mean-cars-and-motorists

My service was due yesterday but was cancelled. It’s been booked in for 4th may.

I cant see how VW could make an issue in the future as it basically won’t be used between now and then, and they’ve literally stopped me from bringing it in to them so I’ve done all I could to get it serviced...

Still interested to hear others feedback or if anyone has spoken with vwuk for info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally travel a lot so have services booked in way ahead to make sure I get them done. Local VW mailed me yesterday to say my service & MOT booked for June is cancelled and to rebook once current situation is clearer, as they have shut down now and just mailing from home.

Not a major problem for me at least as only done 3k since last service and still got 2 years VW warranty to run. 

Wonder if there will be a relaxing of closures if this drags on for months and not just routine servicing, but repairs and breakdowns start to pile up.

Also hard enough getting servicing booked at VW anyway, just a three week closure will make it a nightmare in future. Although totally accept they don’t want to expose their people. 

Hopefully at some point virus test kits will start coming through and those who have had it can start returning to work and normal situation starts to ramp up, but fear thus could be a long way off