Sign in to follow this  
Dario

R TSI injectors - had any problems?

2014 R's, did You change Your head injectors for the new revision?, I seen a few 14/15's fail over time. Found a set of 4 brand new bosch OE injectors, half of price the OEM, and thinking of preventive change. would not want an injector to stop work on WOT

any feedback is welcomed

Cheers

18 hours ago, dazie00 said:

I didn’t know about this , interested but I’m only on 41k and had no issues so far . 

we had 2 failed GTis and one R all 2014 and 2015 my cars. 

Seen loads of failures on Facebook groups - generally Stage 3 cars. Injectors get a hard life in the combustion chamber and get sooted up. Usually you will notice a judder at idle or a misfire under load as the tell-tale sign

2 hours ago, dazie00 said:

Only do about 7 k a year so don’t use it much, still my baby though! 

Yep likewise

Ive just ticked over the 33k

I use it for weekend outings and the odd 1/2 track day once or twice a year.

Just waiting for my exhaust. Plenty of time to polish it now!

2 hours ago, Msportman said:

Yep likewise

Ive just ticked over the 33k

I use it for weekend outings and the odd 1/2 track day once or twice a year.

Just waiting for my exhaust. Plenty of time to polish it now!

You and me both!! What exhaust ?

0B072D13-876F-4E83-8089-5EA2E41C4057.jpeg

On 27/03/2020 at 20:49, golf7.5r said:

Plenty of fake injectors out there too, so check the seller out before you think you're getting a bargain.

Bosch dealership here in my town, friend works there so has a nice discount about 35-40% :D . Dont really know who makes the OEM ones, but maybe they are also bosch 

On 31/03/2020 at 21:46, Dario said:

Bosch dealership here in my town, friend works there so has a nice discount about 35-40% :D . Dont really know who makes the OEM ones, but maybe they are also bosch 

Yeap they are Bosch.

Think I’ve got an injector fault on cylinder 2. More investigion next week. Not sure if it’s Port or Rail injector.Shudders on and off on idle as shown on VCDS.

9 hours ago, Msportman said:

Yeap they are Bosch.

Think I’ve got an injector fault on cylinder 2. More investigion next week. Not sure if it’s Port or Rail injector.Shudders on and off on idle as shown on VCDS.

R-Tech offer an injector clean & refurb service, if thats any use? They have been doing mk5/6 injectors for few years now 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   1 member

• Similar Content

• By JonathanT
      Hi everyone, 

I’ve taken interest in getting an Akrapovic Exhaust for my 2014 Mk7 Golf R and was wondering if it was possible for it to even to be installed on a prefacelift R. To my knowledge, the Mk7.5 R came with an Akrapovic Exhaust as an option so I was wondering if it could be fitted on my Mk7. 

Thanks 
    • By Rabee
      Hello all, 
      I'm seeking for advice, I have vw golf mk6 high line  1.4 super charge 160 HP,
      I have problem in the cylinder 3, the Pressure in cylinder 3 is 90 BSI.

what is the best to do ??
      1- change the hole engine with a used engine.
      2- or prepare the engine on the car, changing the 4 pistons and the rings and every thing need to change.

please if any one had the same problem before , tell me his story and what is the best.
      thank you.

• By Jacobrownoly
      Hello all,

New to the forum here! I have a stage 2+ mk5 gti (great car) and I am about to take the plunge on a 64 plate (2014) mk7 R.

Its a 3 door blue DSG in great conditon with 35k on the clock.

My main concern with it is the turbo issues that VW had around the time. I believe early 2014 turbos where the 702n version (Bad one apprently)

The first registration date was 16/12/14 (so late 2014). Do you think this is more likely to be the newer version? With the mileage it has on it already it also sounds it could be ok.

I only ask becasue I will probably go down the stage 2 route.

Thanks,

Jack

• By Syvee
      Few photos of my R ..haven’t done anything to it since I picked it up last year in May..1 owner and full history just done 13k miles..normally with me cars only last about 6 months and I get bored and change (57 and counting) but for some reason I’m keen on hanging onto it for a while...just not getting bored,  normally I’d start modding straight away but I’ve had a lot on in the past year and just haven’t had the time to do it..

thats going to change..

first thing was was to wake up the turbo noise... intake time.. I went for the open Integrated Engineering set up from the lovely guys at Regal 👍 yep I know it won’t make anymore power but it sounds nice and I love the re-circ noise you get when you come off throttle 😁

Next will be a set of wheels I’m currently waiting for delivery on .. I spotted a white R on google images with these on only to find out it was a member of the R32 owners club that I’d met a few years ago at a meet at Bruntingthorpe..I’ve gone for 19” Gmp Italia Atoms. Hi Stefan88👍

Next up up will be springs (probably Eibach as the roads round here are shocking) ..then res delete and probably a JB4.. then some bodywork stuff..don’t think I’ll go Maxton will probably look at Triplercomposites well that’s the story so far.. look forward to getting your options and useful knowledge 👍

• By Back2Golf
      Hi Chaps, 

Had my R just under a week and proper loving it, however, I was out at the weekend on a few errands so a series of short trips hopping from shop to shop and noticed the engine has developed a (fairly subtle but noticeable from the inside) 'tick, tick, tick' at idle. It was fine to start with but on the 3rd start the noise was there. It drives fine and whether the tick stops after 15mph ish or you just can't hear it anymore because of road/wind/engine noise is hard to say... anyway, drove it home (about 7 miles) with no probs, gave it a clean and left it a few hours. Starting it up again, the noise seems to have gone so whether it was just a one off or an intermittent noise that's going to get worse over time it's really hard to say. 

With this limited info - anybody got any thoughts on what this might be and how concerned I should be before going back to the dealer...

It's definitely engine related as opposed to something in the tyre ( I was stationery and it was still audible).