c4ypt1k

Bill at Eurozone Tuning is *******!

So I stupidly ordered a steering wheel from EZT around 10th January.. for 1200usd paid via wire transfer as he only accepts wire transfer for international orders!!

with many emails some were very unresponsive regarding stitching etc..

so after two months wait, 10th March , Bill delivers wrong color stitching and wrong center band..

wtf? is this a joke?

since the payment was wire transfer i'm pretty much screwed over..

so any other buyers.. please beware, my experiences with Bill is very poor and he is only responsive when he hasn't got your money yet.

golfr ezt wheel1.png

IMG_20200409_215841.jpg

IMG_20200409_215857.jpg

Maybe they just (stupidly) sent you the wrong wheel?  How did they react when you called / mailed them?

Does seem rather expensive, are you in US or over here? 

As above, possibly wrong wheel.

as to delay, there is a bit of a global crisis going on, the supply chain for all companies in all countries is well shagged.

the key thing is what have they responded with when you contacted them?

I've done business with Bill, buying a kit from him to upgrade the early 6.5" MIB2 screen to the 8" screen & associated trim. Went perfectly, product arrived packed well, with instructions, and one question I emailed to Bill was answered promptly. This was about 18 months ago - not sure what may have changed since (aside from the obvious current situation). 

Bill seems to have a good overall reputation over here - I would try to reach out to him and get him to make it right. He's definitely not some fly-by-night scammer kind of guy. Good luck.

27 minutes ago, Sonoran R said:

I would try to reach out to him and get him to make it right. He's definitely not some fly-by-night scammer kind of guy. Good luck.

What Kevin said....(above)....I've only had dealings with Bill at EZT via email...but have found his customer service excellent.....I hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction asap....:smiley:

1200 USD?? We get our steering wheels re-covered for less than 200 USD here in the UK. OK, that it an exchange price, but you could of bought a brand new R8 steering wheel for that price. Madness!

And as above, have you tried to call them? Maybe it was an honest mistake and someone has got a wheel with grey stitching - it happens.

1200usd 😳 is there some gold Integrated in the wheel somewhere or does it come with an auto pilot function? 

That aside though as said above it could be a genuine mistake? 🤷‍♂️

Erm...he could be sick? 😷🤒

$1200?!?!  Was this one of those occasions where ebay sellers but a totally unrealistic price on out of stock items so they don't have to retract the item from their store? (but you still bought it any way) 🤣

Sorry to hear of the problems you’re having c4ypt1k, frustrating when you get slow or nil responses after making a full payment.  Hope you can prevail and get this sorted out to your satisfaction with the Supplier.

Lots for us all to learn from this when buying dearer items from far overseas.

Recommendations and endorsements from VWROC always a good thing, and criticism too, to use as guidance.   Shipping and taxes can add significantly to total costs buying items from USA, and for returns (I’ve learned the hard way here, being unable to return an item after purchase and finding it didn’t work for me🤢).

Using a credit card will provide some protection of things go wrong with a dearer purchase, and having a Big company fighting your corner can be welcome.   Personally  I baulk  at the added costs of Wiring a Payment,  but I am a bit tight.

All this said, it is frustrating and disappointing not to get acceptable levels of service from a supplier when good faith has been exercised.

Hope this all is resolved soon, but please c4ypt1k report the outcome here whatever happens. Good luck.

21 hours ago, Stevemoir said:

I paid 175 for mine on an exchange basis 

if you’ve paid by credit card you can take it up with them 

Steve 

B39B9742-881C-4912-8E6D-D8D4884F7C52.jpeg

Is it my eyes or a bad angle, but it looks like your blue stripe is slightly left of centre?

Looks like the wheel isn’t straight in the box and the left side of it is lower so giving that impression 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Deano said:

Is it my eyes or a bad angle, but it looks like your blue stripe is slightly left of centre?

Don’t you just live it when someone posts a question, a few of us respond, and the OP disappears.... leaving us all none the wiser on outcome?

(unless he’s off with Covid)