Morning, so little one crying in the back, I pulled into nearest parking space, it was a bit tight and I clipped the mirror. 

So the silver cap managed to in clip it self completely, I put it back a little bit and also luckily had some tape in the car so raped it into place. 

So now it's time to try and repair it. 

Does it all click together? I've broken the very small orange light bit. 

DSC_2556.thumb.JPG.49d7d23f86f67c7162c7b9c60121786d.JPG

DSC_2557.thumb.JPG.cc8134b785ada9d9e0f8998b086574d8.JPG

DSC_2558.thumb.JPG.22cdb8b9678416b191e487b0a0419829.JPG

You really should proof read before sending 🤦‍♂️

It looks like you may of broken a clip if so a new unit is needed. The cap just clips in place.

From the photos it’s hard to tell. The indicator and cap attach to a metal ‘chassis’. And if the mounts to that chassis are broken, it gets expensive, unfortunately. I caught my mirror reversing into my garage, and the damage looked similar. Unfortunately I had to replace most of it. 

14 hours ago, LouCyffer said:

From the photos it’s hard to tell. The indicator and cap attach to a metal ‘chassis’. And if the mounts to that chassis are broken, it gets expensive, unfortunately. I caught my mirror reversing into my garage, and the damage looked similar. Unfortunately I had to replace most of it. 

Hmm so possibly a £500 job then, new mirror unit plus labour. Wouldn't of thought it would take much over a hour to do. I wouldn't feel confident doing it my self, found a YouTube video, looks too tricky for my skills. 

Thanks for the heads up of whole new unit. 

It looks to me that you may have dislodged or broke the black plastic section that surrounds the mirror glass itself, if you can pop the mirror glass out carefully it should be easy to see and  there should be 3 or 4 torque 15 screws (I think that’s the size) that hold it in place, if you’re lucky you could probably repair it with a few very small washers and once the mirror is clipped back in you will never see them. 

I managed to get it back together a little bit better, it looks like I have broken one clip on the silver mirror cap. I've obviously lost part of the indicator bit as well. 

Quick picture of how it sits now (when locked) after this picture I manged to get the bottom black part slightly better aligned. 

Stuck with a little bit of tape for now, as well. 

DSC_2560.thumb.JPG.ebef102f1cf7fc97b075af443edf95e3.JPG