rear lights on with drl

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^^mike: the answer is "Yes" - like this: Select the 09-Cent. Elect. module Select Security Access - 16 Enter the magic number 31347 Select Adaptation - 10 Enter ENG

NRW: Ain't nothing wrong with being a new-bee!. We were all at the same position as you at some stage in our learning-curve - but with the aid of forums like these and the folk that inhabit them - dou

@Harpo Mike, follow these steps. If you still don’t think you can do it, perhaps it would be better to wait until lockdown passes, and get someone to do it for you. At least your issue (rear lights on

^^^mike: the answer is "Yes" - like this:

1. Select the 09-Cent. Elect. module
  2. Select Security Access - 16
  3. Enter the magic number 31347
  4. Select Adaptation - 10
  5. Enter ENG116593 into the search box
  6. If you have a pre MY16 model Golf, select IDE06864-ENG116593-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht
  7. if you have a post MY16 model Golf, select ENG141647-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht
  8. Change the setting to active
  9. Select Doit!!  and exit VCDS software

Don

Thanks what do you mean pre my 16 the golf I have is a 2018 gti  hope you can help in plane simple English you talk in your car talk most of us don’t understand what you’re on about sorry for being a pain can you explain simply that you for your help Harpo

1 hour ago, Harpo said:

Thanks what do you mean pre my 16 the golf I have is a 2018 gti  hope you can help in plane simple English you talk in your car talk most of us don’t understand what you’re on about sorry for being a pain can you explain simply that you for your help Harpo

Lines 6 and 7 are options, IF you have Pre MY 16 then line 6 applies.

if (as you do) post MY 16 then line 7 applies

7 hours ago, Harpo said:

............ hope you can help in plane simple English you talk in your car talk most of us don’t understand what you’re on about ...................

Harpo: hmm........ quite apart from your (intentional- I assume) use of a tautology, I've never understood the term "plane (of course, you mean "plain") English". Sad fact is that English (or more specifically the DIFFERENT forms of English that we speak in various countries) is anything but plain.

And then there is the matter of "most of us don’t understand what you’re on about " - guess I have to try harder!!!😀

Anyhow, from my reading of the other responses (from those who I  didn't confuse) I assume that you now understand what "my16" means- maybe?

If you are still confused and in my plainest Aussie English:

MY stands for ‘Model Year’ - it's a long accepted and often used abbreviation when referring to cars. Hint: in future, Mr Google is your friend  when you can't understand a term that's used in forums! 😘

So MY 16 = Model Year 2016 = model cars manufactured in 2016.

So "pre MY16" means model cars manufactured BEFORE 2016

So "post MY16" means model cars manufactured AFTER 2016

The reason for making the distinction in my instruction is because in 2016, the Golf mk7 designers made a fundamental change to the Body Control Module (that's the module that lives @ address hex09 on the CAN network), These changes happened at different times of the year depending on the country - but generally  mid-way through the year. These changes affected the name of lots of adaptation channels.

So, it ain't any good searching for the pre my16 channel name if you have a post my16 built car (VCDS just won't find the channel)

Good luck with the tweak

Don

36 minutes ago, dv52 said:

So, it ain't any good searching for the pre my16 channel name if you have a post my16 built car (VCDS just won't find the channel)

I understand it Don and I’m no Tech or Auto electrician.

Id I’d not have a clue how to do long coding with VCDS,  or even a clue how to use OBD11.😂

1 hour ago, NRW said:

I understand it Don and I’m no Tech or Auto electrician.

Id I’d not have a clue how to do long coding with VCDS,  or even a clue how to use OBD11.😂

NRW: Ain't nothing wrong with being a new-bee!. We were all at the same position as you at some stage in our learning-curve - but with the aid of forums like these and the folk that inhabit them - doubtless you will quickly move through the education process.

My suggestion: be inquisitive, be an active self starter and use the myriad resources on the web as tools for understanding (don't just rely on this forum). And most important of all - try and make "risk appropriate" error (by which I mean -low risk errors with little education and more risky errors as your education improves).  Getting out-of self imposed errors are magnificent learning environments (when the errors are done properly, of course)

Don

3 hours ago, dv52 said:

My suggestion: be inquisitive, be an active self starter and use the myriad resources on the web as tools for understanding (don't just rely on this forum).

Thank you  Don for your kind reply.   I try to do this esp (especially or electronic stability programme) 😂in areas where I have but small knowledgw and need a basic u derstanding.  I will take your sage advice, thank you.

On 28/04/2020 at 00:11, dv52 said:

^^^mike: the answer is "Yes" - like this:

1. Select the 09-Cent. Elect. module
  2. Select Security Access - 16
  3. Enter the magic number 31347
  4. Select Adaptation - 10
  5. Enter ENG116593 into the search box
  6. Not applicable if you have a 2018 Golf
  7. if you have a post MY16 model Golf, select ENG141647-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht
  8. Change the setting to active
  9. Select Doit!!  and exit VCDS software

Don

@Harpo Mike, follow these steps. If you still don’t think you can do it, perhaps it would be better to wait until lockdown passes, and get someone to do it for you. At least your issue (rear lights on with DRLs) isn’t an imperative one. It can wait.