4 hours ago, Penguin said:

That’s not the first time I’ve seen reports of Mountunes CS being crap (and this has been over a period of years, not due to Covid-19) 

Yea I’m actually speaking to another owner who has the stage 1 like me and he said it took them 5 weeks to get his device sent out and then 3 weeks for his intake, he’s ordered the TCU on the same day as me and is in the same boat.

They have responded to him this morning and said it will be Tuesday at the earliest...thats it, so thats 5 days after purchase and to be fair I couldn’t give a crap that it’s a bank holiday weekend, they should be trying to fill peoples orders, people who are spending a lot of money during tough times and supporting a business.

They’ve seen my message on Instagram but just ignored it and haven’t responded to an email, website says they won’t answer calls at the minute.

My main issue is that they’ve been advertising the TCU tune and then responded to all questions on social media along with a separate link for people who already own the stage 1 but no mention of delays due to COVID and then all communications go black.

The tune is done via a COBB handset (without COBB wrote on it) so it’s just a case of a file transfer via email once they have the handset codes.

49 minutes ago, Dan-T said:

Yea I’m actually speaking to another owner who has the stage 1 like me and he said it took them 5 weeks to get his device sent out and then 3 weeks for his intake, he’s ordered the TCU on the same day as me and is in the same boat.

They have responded to him this morning and said it will be Tuesday at the earliest...thats it, so thats 5 days after purchase and to be fair I couldn’t give a crap that it’s a bank holiday weekend, they should be trying to fill peoples orders, people who are spending a lot of money during tough times and supporting a business.

They’ve seen my message on Instagram but just ignored it and haven’t responded to an email, website says they won’t answer calls at the minute.

My main issue is that they’ve been advertising the TCU tune and then responded to all questions on social media along with a separate link for people who already own the stage 1 but no mention of delays due to COVID and then all communications go black.

The tune is done via a COBB handset (without COBB wrote on it) so it’s just a case of a file transfer via email once they have the handset codes.

You should just message them and say you’re using chargeback on your card to get your money back. I bet they respond within the hour! 

4 minutes ago, Penguin said:

You should just message them and say you’re using chargeback on your card to get your money back. I bet they respond within the hour! 

I paid using PayPal so getting a refund isn’t an issue if I want but then I’m stuck without a TCU remap.

I rep them all the time of social media too, been so happy with the service and how the car performs.

Maybe a bit harsh, unless I am missing something you placed the order Thursday and its being sorted on Tuesday so take out sat/sun & Bank hol Mon you are waiting 2 days?
I get that you are impatient but that's hardly much of an issue is it?
Also is it customisable in any way or just a file to be flashed as there are lots of things you might want to consider i.e. Shift change points, removing kickdown (really advise that!) and launch control adjustments. If it's just their map and not customisable there may be some compromises to be accepted

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Gosh I guess I am not the only one molling over what stage 1 tune to go with. 

mountune is great but all in is like £700+
SA Tunning provide a similar handset but tune of your cars file and do it for £499 all in

have a mate who knows someone at Avon performance and he will do a drive in tune for £200. 

man and to top it out the figures quoted are all similar with mountune been the highest. 

but here are some questions to think about. 

would me getting a sports air filter and turbo elbow before stage 1 impact the possible power gains I’ll get?

1 hour ago, Marcio Atouguia said:

SA Tunning provide a similar handset but tune of your cars file and do it for £499 all in

have a mate who knows someone at Avon performance and he will do a drive in tune for £200. 

man and to top it out the figures quoted are all similar with mountune been the highest. 

would me getting a sports air filter and turbo elbow before stage 1 impact the possible power gains I’ll get?

No 

If you get a £200 remap I doubt anything is going to compliment it apart from a big bill at some point...

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By SamClarke97
      Hello all, my first post on the forum. Just wondering:

Which are the ‘best’ lowering springs for ride comfort? The car won’t be getting track use so I’m just looking to reduce the arch gap, without breaking my back 😂.

With that in mind, I’m looking at a 20mm drop. Which spacers are best, that don’t cause rub? 

Should also note;
      - I won’t be changing the dampers on the car. 
      - I’m running the 18inch Pretoria’s. As opposed to the 19’s or the Cadiz.

• By a3scott20
      Modding List Update - October 24 2019 Edited

Performance: (503WHP & 644NM)
      -TurboTechnics V5 Turbo
      -TurboTechnics LHD Intake Pipe
      -RacingLine Oil Catch Can System
      -RacingLine R600 Intake System
      -Fluidampr Crank Pulley
      -APR High Pressure Fuel Pump
      -APR Intercooler System
      -APR Silicone Boost Hoses
      -Aquamist HFS4 Meth System Direct Port Injection
      -HurricaneSport Catless Downpipe
      -Volkswagen Akrapovic Titanium axleback
      -PagParts Walbro 525LPH Low Pressure Fuel Pump
      -Torqbyte PM4 High Power LPFP Controller
      -LiteBlox LB26XX LiFePO4 Lightweight Battery
      -KakaRakis Performance Billet Intake Manifold
      -Grams 70mm Larger Throttle Body

Software:
      -HurricaneSport ECU Stage3 Tune
      -HurricaneSport TCU Stage3 Tune
      -United Motorsport Haldex Tune

Interior:
      -EZT Carbon/Napa Edition Steering Wheel
      -Corbeau RRS Seats
      -BFI DSG Knob
      -LEYO DSG Shift Paddle
      -AEM Boost Gauge
      -Aquamist Meth Flow Gauge
      -Aquamist 10L Internally Baffled Tank

Chassis:
      -KW DCC
      -Eibach Front & Rear Sway bar
      -APR MQB Pendulum Mount
      ***APR S01 Forged 19" Wheels***
      ***Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 19" tires***
      ***KYO-EI Ti64 Wheel Bolts***

Braking:
      -Alcon Car89 Brake System 380mm Discs
      -Rear 370mm Discs upgrade

Exterior:
      -Maxton Design Full Body Kit

Hello everyone,

This is Scott from Taiwan 😀 I am here since January but was just lurking around and watching everybody's build thread.

After 4 months waiting, dealer told me the car has finally arrived and asked me if I would like to see the car before the official pick-up date, it was really excited for me so I went to the dealer....

Car Spec: LapizBlue | 7-Speed DSG (DQ381) | DCC | Dynaudio | Pretonia |ACC

My previous car is AUDI A3 Sportback 2.0T FWD DSG, and was running Pagpart's EFR7163 big turbo kit that made 530WHP & 660NM. The reason I got rid of my 7163 A3 is because I would like to play something different but AWD car, running big power 530WHP on a FWD car was really really terrible once WOT, kind of scary to drive the car at that time.

• By Classicld
      Developed this noise after getting an apr Downpipe and custom miltec exhaust fitted. Made it both on stage 1 and stage 2+ tune. Had people tell me it’s just the wastegate but figured I’d ask other R owners. Thoughts?

• By Bob
      If anybody out there is interested revo have fairly recently updated their stage 2 ecu tune. The headline power figure is the same at 401 ps, but the torque had increased 20 to 401 lbs ft.

However as we all know it is what lies underneath the curve which counts and in this case the tune is considerably improved. 

Still testing it out but now feels like stage 2 plus, and I had no complaints about my previous tune from about two years ago. This was when they started to offer a specific 99/100 ron tune. 

Had to do a 160 mile round-trip but worth it. Used Volkscraft Exeter who were excellent.

The TCU stage 2 tune has not been updated from a couple of years ago.
       Cheers

Bob

Ps you don't pay for the upgrade other than the installer's time. Mine came to about 130 quid and Matt was very thorough doing before and after testing. Mine took  a bit longer than usual as he had no previous data for my car. 

• By YDN4
      Hi all / recently had the APR Low Torque 98 Ron Map. Coincided with a friend (Porsche 991 Turbo S) suggesting a couple of evening sessions at the Ring.

So a quick 1001 mile test ensued....!

Some onboard footage and my thoughts on the three days of fun…!

What an enjoyable trip, three days of great company, nice scenery... , weather, cars and food... even managed to pop to Cochem, a picturesque town on the Moselles river, Wednesday daytime which broke up the track action:

My family hatch… 2016 / Mk7 / DSG / APR Stage 1 low torque map (I’d guess around 360 BHP and 360 lbft not dyno’d as yet). 

Not a proper sports car - and the Ring really highlights this - especially the need for:

Tyres (excuse 1) think I’m used to the AD08Rs on my ratty old sprintday Celica, Golf is on its OEM S001 Bridgestones (slippy when hot…had to be wary of managing understeer – road speeds you can normally load it up – foot in and it will pull round…).

Brakes (excuse 2) Car is running OEM discs with Brembo (OEM – I may beg to differ - grade) pads up front and pagid discs / pads rear.

Initially first two laps on the Tuesday eveningI took a passenger / to get my eye back in / not go silly straight away.

The front brakes overheated – even after a drive locally after each lap they were still emitting wisps of smoke. There was also an odd noise – like unbalanced brakes / wheels… more on that below*.

The front pads did look like they `cooked` and started to break up at the disc face took on an appearance not dissimilar to BBQ coals:

However once cooled they regained `some` bite and were at least useable the following evening – if not that confidence inspiring.

Chassis work / Transmission (excuse 3) .... to be fair it’s on standard `non adaptive` damping and felt pretty good – it did lean / but not excessive roll / and although a tiny touch floaty in parts but that is the undulations at the Ring:

I can now also see why people have the DSG boxes mapped (TCU tune). 

You can even hear in the footage me requesting changes (paddles and lever incase I hadn’t hit the paddle firmly enough) which wouldn’t have caused over revving - that the car didn’t deliver.... it’s almost as if at certain speeds / it ensures you want to change / airing on safety and you need a double press. Not had that on the road at all.

** Warning ** - Always check your car properly!!!!

So the first evening session was cut short due to a bad accident closing the circuit around 6pm(ie not re-opening for the rest of the evening.).

On the few minute drive back to the hotel there was a horrendous noise from the front when turning left and right – like the diff had broken / or the brakes had somehow worked loose / or a wheel / tyre was out of round.

After some initial thoughts once cooled we went to check it over – I noticed one of the wheel cap covers missing and the rest of them sitting proud…. yep – All of the offside wheel nuts were HAND TIGHT…. I cannot explain the feelings I had at that time! (I had indicated a good 165 on the autobahn the day before …) and done two laps with passengers…

I didn’t check the wheel torques at the front as part of the checks I did… 🤦🏼‍♂️ my `guess` is that when it was last off the wheel was nipped up / and wasn’t torqued afterwards... / the extreme heat cycle has then caused them to loosen….

Either way I decided to count my blessings and tighten them up….

Onto happier thoughts – and a better / quieter evening session with no closures

Lap times:

The Wednesday eve my best two laps in the Golf – I managed a bridge to gantry of 8:41and an oddly consistent 8:42.... GPS gave an average of 84 MPH and a 135 MPH peak on circuit:

Autobahn blast (traffic) showed a GPS 159 - rock solid at this speed:

MPG – I left the average ticking away from the start back in the UK…. 416 miles gave an average of 29 MPG - that includes some derestricted autobahn.... however ... on circuit.... 8.6 MPG:

Few sums showed about £290 fuel (98) all in.

Two onboard laps:

https://youtu.be/VB9je5qnic8

https://youtu.be/haVzGiKMTJg

Few photos:

Pretty busy:

Interesting Breakie:

Well located accommodation on the half lap entrance:

But overall a great car for a trip like that - really comfortable - DynAudio and Apply Play made the journey enjoyable.. 

I feel that the APR Stage One tune has transformed the car for me - feels like it ‘should’. Feels nicely torquey (oddly) and has so much more urgency over how it initially felt (I’ve had the car since January).

Really happy with the engine performance (in this first 1000 miles of the Map).

Now thinking a TCU tune (due to the reasons above) / Cup 2s / Clubsport discs and pads (or similar).. would increase my enjoyment.

A great few days.... thanks for reading.