Jared14h

Repair event help

Evening everyone

I’m due to view and hopefully pick up my Golf R on Friday but have put the details into the VW App and come across the service history. 

I’ve tried to attach to this post so hopefully it works!

Car was first registered August 2018. Had 2 owners. 

Called VW who cant be any more helpful than telling me to make sure both keys are fully functioning (Seemed like a hint!). They also tell me that amongst those events is rattle/buzz from rear, fixed wiring and removal of reverse camera. 

advice welcome - anything to be concerned about?

thanks a lot 

AC240875-99C4-43FF-AFCA-FF40D49CB04C.png

5CBAA401-D4AE-40FB-AC9E-2322E43A2CF5.png

Personally this looks like a ovoid yellowy thing - there is/are obviously a problem(s) which VW have had difficulty fixing, if you proceed make sure you get an extended warranty for free and keep your fingers crossed.

I’m not sure - they didn’t specify whether it was replaced afterwards or not so that will be something I have to check when I go on Friday. Does seem strange that you’d have it removed though doesn’t it. 

1 minute ago, golf7.5r said:

Blimey, it looks like that particular car has spent more time at the dealers than on the road? Is there no physical paperwork to back up / explain what has happened?

I’m waiting for the dealership to come back to me tomorrow with any info but it’s not looking great I don’t think. 

That’s probably what the record of a few past Rs on here might look like.  There’s been one or two members that have had no end of either recurring issues or multiple issues where the car has spent considerable time in the dealership under investigation and repair, including rattle issues.  Might be one to give a miss.  

It definitely appears to have been in and out of dealers a bit.

its hard looking at the data without any context for the engineering data event.

below is same AP data for my car, an August 2017 registered car.

the only major even is the warranty even March 2029, that was when I had my Mech U replaced.

The repair event in September 2017, was sorting my protective plastic on rear bumper step and engine oil change.

The other warranty event was checking my dealer fitted rear tints which they covered with warranty.

i would also check out why two owners, possibly dealer registered, however if two separate owners in two years...

IMG_0099.PNG

11 minutes ago, Gavras said:

It definitely appears to have been in and out of dealers a bit.

its hard looking at the data without any context for the engineering data event.

below is same AP data for my car, an August 2017 registered car.

the only major even is the warranty even March 2029, that was when I had my Mech U replaced.

The repair event in September 2017, was sorting my protective plastic on rear bumper step and engine oil change.

The other warranty event was checking my dealer fitted rear tints which they covered with warranty.

i would also check out why two owners, possibly dealer registered, however if two separate owners in two years...

IMG_0099.PNG

It’s interesting looking at car history on the app.  I just took a look at mine.

4AC28291-B7C2-4ADB-9A3E-FDEC3C0F8D8B.thumb.png.97802e21c1716d8f08011b86ecbec700.png

All accountable but intriguing what some items are logged as.  At first I wondered what on earth the repair dated 22/3/19 was at JCB Medway, but it was actually the Haldex service - oil change and filter clean.  So not a repair at all.  Rather misleading.  

The other two warranty and repair entries for mine are:

Warranty event 8/3/18 - new battery 

Repair event 21/9/17 - new undertray fitted (got split on a steep incline) 

So some things can be quite minor and not necessarily a catalogue of worrying issues. 

Of course these dealer entries can only be part of the picture of the history of the car.  Mine for instance has had 3 visits to my bodyshop after damage caused by others. All repaired to very high standard and all paperwork kept, so I have no qualms in stating it and any future prospective buyer can view the documentation. 

To be fair it could just be a minor issue which the last owner was adamant they wanted fixed within the warranty period and the dealer wasn't getting to the root cause of it, but personally I would be looking at other cars and skipping this one, I'm unlucky and my nose for a suspect car or situation is normally right.

Just now, Jared14h said:

Some really helpful responses, that’s everyone. Hopefully I’ll get some clarity tomorrow. If not, back to the drawing board!

Best of luck.  Let us know how it goes. 

1 minute ago, Jared14h said:

Some really helpful responses, that’s everyone. Hopefully I’ll get some clarity tomorrow. If not, back to the drawing board!

Don't let buyers weakness succumb to you on the day, if you think its off, or they aren't putting in the effort to offer extended warranty or a valid reason to put your mind at ease walk away pal. Good luck 👍