Djs2394

Insurance..

1 hour ago, OOV said:

2 years ago when I just got mine, age 33, I paid just over £1000 with 9 years NCB. But I had just moved from Cambridge to Berkshire. When I bought my R I had been living in Berkshire 3 weeks and they used it against me citing that I wasn't familiar with the roads. 

God what a load of bollox these companies come out with.

i spent 30 years moving (living) around the UK and Europe in various houses and areas etc.

never once did I have the cheeky fuckers try that blinder.

even now I have business insurance which is bugger all on a policy, that pretty much means I drive to places I don't know.

Going off topic slightly, the best interaction I had with an insurance company was renewing house insurance.

the company in question where adamant they had to inspect the window catches, I was "look I am in a married quarters on a Forces camp", they said did not matter they still had to check.

arranged for him to visit (via Guardroom).

more by luck than design, his car was fully searched, he was then made to wait for me collecting him, we then went through secondary check point, passed xx number armed patrols, I pointed out the 'attack dogs' with handlers, also pointed out the double set of fencing, razor wire etc. 

By by the time he got to the house, I reckon he realised it was a pointless exercise.

i think the entire end to end was over an hour for 5 mins in the house.

even then it made f**k all difference to house insurance, as its post code based.

i really hate insurance companies.

@Gavras oh I wish I could've been there!!!

.. And yet it still made no difference. You've got to think the guy you showed round MUST have had the biggest potential influence on the insurance, what was it, bitterness? Useless... 

Yes I'm realising I got swindled now. It's fraud tbh preying on those who don't have the luxury of time. 

2 minutes ago, OOV said:

@Gavras oh I wish I could've been there!!!

.. And yet it still made no difference. You've got to think the guy you showed round MUST have had the biggest potential influence on the insurance, what was it, bitterness? Useless... 

Yes I'm realising I got swindled now. It's fraud tbh preying on those who don't have the luxury of time. 

They just seem more than happy to get more cash BUT when you try and get a reduction, it's like you are robbing their grandmother.

Stay away from Adrian Flux and any of their subsidiary outlets. I had to threaten them / underwriter with the insurance ombudsman regarding my claim. Adrian Flux refused to speak to me re my claim and told me I need to speak directly with the underwriter - even though my contract was with them; not the underwriter.

Read some of their reviews before using AF. They are cheap for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk