EkilErif

Rattle in the A pillar

After owning my R for about 8 months it’s developed a really annoying rattle in the A pillar on the drivers side. It’s doing my head in. 

I've checked the obvious. Loose panels, etc but couldn’t find anything. 

Has anyone else had and resolved a similar rattle? Sorry the description is a bit vague.

Might not be the a pillar it could just be that's where its resonating. Centre light/rear mirror fitting is a common cause, or unfortunately could be behind the dash... Good luck finding it.

I have a buzzing at certain revs but I'm pretty sure it's the usual fuel line under the drivers seat going to check it out next week

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I turned my soundaktor back on and up to 50% the other day and when I’m in race mode I sometimes get a rattle noise from the A Pillar, need to turn it off again.

The source of interior vibrations and rattles can be difficult to pinpoint and quite often originate from somewhere different to where you think they are.

Some owners have experienced buzzing/vibrating noises from the sliding plastic cover over the sun visor vanity mirror which makes contact with the headliner mounted light above the sun visor when the sun visor’s not in use. To check if that’s the source of your noise, suggest you tuck a microfibre cloth or duster between the sun visor and light to see if the buzzing/vibrating noise disappears. 

Also check that it’s not the sunglasses compartment up near the screen mounted rear view mirror - either the drop down door to the compartment or something inside that might be the source of the noise. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

I’d love to turn the soundaktor off but unfortunately don’t have the tools to do it myself. 

My plan for tomorrow is to spend a lot of time driving around trying different things. Thanks again.

There is a guide in the How to section on fixing soundaktor rattle but unfortunately the pics are no longer displaying.  

There’s also a rattle that can come from the seatbelt retractor which, like many other noises in the cabin, often sounds like it’s coming from somewhere completely different. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

I’d love to turn the soundaktor off but unfortunately don’t have the tools to do it myself. 

My plan for tomorrow is to spend a lot of time driving around trying different things. Thanks again.
Helps to have someone else in the car if you can [emoji106]

I had my Mrs drive me around for 20 minutes today trying to find a rattle coming from the back. Found something in the seat latch which a piece of my wife’s yoga mat fixed. 

She’s angry with me now. Whoops

I had my Mrs drive me around for 20 minutes today trying to find a rattle coming from the back. Found something in the seat latch which a piece of my wife’s yoga mat fixed. 

She’s angry with me now. Whoops
I had that on my first R it rattled on the latch for the rear seats.

I hope your relationship survived the search for the front rattle [emoji23]