Lmferreira

310 or 300bhp on Golf R

9 hours ago, Lmferreira said:

Hi everyone.

Im new to the forum and after a couple of months I’m finally gonna order my Golf R this week :)

I’ve only been searching for the 310bhp version from 2018 but I’ve notice that if I try to look for the 300bhp version, there’s a lot more cars to choose from.

So what I like to know is:

Witch one is the best version and why? I know they de-tunned it to 300bhp because of the CO2 emissions but the torque remains the same.

The price range and mileage are about the same.

Is there something I need to know or pay attention on this versions? 

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum LM...:welcome:.....Just test drive the R you want with the spec you desire at the price you can afford....buy it and mod it to Stage 1 and you'll be 380 BHP in no time....:lol:...Best of luck with your search....:):afro:

As mentioned above, 2019 post WLTP 300ps cars only have 4 injectors and have a GPF filter fitted in the exhaust. This not only muffles the exhaust note (no pops n bangs on over-run) but the main thing is that it now feels limp compared to the 2017 - 2018 310ps version - the don't seem to want to rev as hard (regardless of the quoted power/torque figures).

My advice would be to go for the 310ps version regardless of your plans to tune it or not.

Once again thank you so much guys for all the answers, it’s really helping (and also making me think).

But the cars I’m looking for are basically the same. For you guys to understand what I’m saying.

These are the two from 2018:

I found this offer at mobile.de:

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=293077067&utm_source=com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard&utm_medium=ios

Volkswagen Golf R 2.0 TSI DSG 4Motion + KLIMA +LED+NAVI+ALU
First Registration: 06/2018
Construction Year: 2018
Mileage: 20.420 km
Fuel Type: Petrol

Price: 34 485 €

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=294044403&utm_source=com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard&utm_medium=ios

Volkswagen Golf R 2.0 TSI Navi LED SHZ ACC Keyless Entry
First Registration: 07/2018
Mileage: 20.021 km

Price: 33 270 €

and these are the two from 2019

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=296175318&utm_source=com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard&utm_medium=ios

Volkswagen Golf R 2.0TSI*DSG*Navi*LED*SpurAssis*ALU"19"
First Registration: 02/2019
Mileage: 16.255 km

Price: 34 650 €

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=296432636&utm_source=com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard&utm_medium=ios

Volkswagen Golf VII 2.0 TSI R 4Motion,DSG,Navi,LED Klima
First Registration: 02/2019
Mileage: 16.676 km

Price: 34 580 €

I like the Pretoria in black or silver, it doesn’t matter.

Which one would you guys choose, and why?

Or better yet, what’s the best car? It just seems that the 310ps doesn’t have nothing to complaint about, while the 300ps its an amazing car but...

Im not gonna tune it for now (but I know that a lot of people say the same), definitely not gonna do track days. Not my daily driver but I’m sure as hell gonna ride a lot of times. I’m coming from a mkv Gti.
It’s just my favourite car and I want the best version (motor) of it.

Thank you for you patient guys. I’ll try not to be a pain in the ass with this, I really just want to get all the questions out of the way.

You’re not a pain in the....  it’s a big purchase.

Any of them. They all look good, so you’re spoilt for choice.  Can’t think why you should go wrong with any one of them.  Check over carefully as always and the service history too.  
Need a Blindfold and pin?

Just get on with it, and get driving (the 310 if that’s where you’re heart is). You’ll love it after your GTI.

But I’d buy the Black one.😂 

@Lmferreira with the cars above, draw up a list of what is standard and what extra option each has.

if it's almost identical, I then tend to work off mileage and amount of warranty remaining.

however, also try and check what maintenance / servicing has been carried out.

then really it comes down to what 4 x rubber is fitted, tread left etc.

tyre type and tread remaining and warranty remaining are two hidden costs / savings when looking at identical cars.

For example 2 cars at £25k, one has cheap tyres and other has MP4S both same tread depth, the latter gives you better straight off the forecourt driveability, the former you likely need to factor in 4 x new good tyres.

for warranty, one has two years and one has one years, what is the cost of extended warranty ?  Add that to cost of the latter.

As with any used Golf R with 19" pretorias, make sure the seller confirms in writing that they have checked that they are not buckled. And as soon as you take delivery of the car, get them checked over otherwise it could an expensive fix.

2 hours ago, golf7.5r said:

As mentioned above, 2019 post WLTP 300ps cars only have 4 injectors and have a GPF filter fitted in the exhaust. This not only muffles the exhaust note (no pops n bangs on over-run) but the main thing is that it now feels limp compared to the 2017 - 2018 310ps version - the don't seem to want to rev as hard (regardless of the quoted power/torque figures).

My advice would be to go for the 310ps version regardless of your plans to tune it or not.

This is incorrect. The cars with the GPF filters have the loudest exhaust in standard form and also the most pops and bangs. This is due to no resonator and different mapping. 

11 minutes ago, golf7.5r said:

As with any used Golf R with 19" pretorias, make sure the seller confirms in writing that they have checked that they are not buckled. And as soon as you take delivery of the car, get them checked over otherwise it could an expensive fix.

I should imagine there are a fair Rs out there with buckled Prets, that the owners might not even be aware of.   If not too bad they can be sorted by a decent wheel repairer/refurbisher at not too great a cost per wheel.  So whilst it’s the ideal to find a car with undamaged Prets, all not necessarily lost if the odd one is slightly buckled but everything else on the car stacks up. 

Whichever Car you decide upon Lmferreira, it’s a good idea to keep a Warranty in place whilst you own it.  In UK you can extend the “formal”:warranty using an Insurance type warranty, giving excellent cover levlels, at the end of manufacturer warranty. This can be extended yearly.   This gives peace of mind for under £300 per year (€335).  
Maybe this or something similar is available in your location?  These are great cars, and seldom go wrong but If/when they do they can be expensive to fix. The warranty takes the big risks away from you, so makes good sense.  👍

Thanks for all the messages guys, it was really helpful :)

on this one: 

Volkswagen Golf R 2.0 TSI Navi LED SHZ ACC Keyless Entry
First Registration: 07/2018
Mileage: 20.021 km

Price: 33 270 €

they offer me one year warranty and the first check up when I buy the car, all of them have full service history.

they are a vw official seller (there’s probably a name for this in English that I don’t know) so they very reliable.

as for the colour I have to go for the blue, it’s my favourite one :) and also I don’t how it is on your country but in Portugal, I think there’s only 5 golf r in total, 2 greys, 1 black, 1 blue and 1 white and I already have one black and one white car. The mkv Gti was the tornado red.

Once again thank you, never thought this would be so friendly and responsive :)

Edited by Lmferreira

I really hope you are soon enjoying a lovely Lapis Blue R!
Post pics when you can please and share your views. 
Good Luck. 👍

57 minutes ago, NRW said:

I really hope you are soon enjoying a lovely Lapis Blue R!
Post pics when you can please and share your views. 
Good Luck. 👍

Will do.

thanks again for all the help.