Lmferreira

310 or 300bhp on Golf R

This is incorrect. The cars with the GPF filters have the loudest exhaust in standard form and also the most pops and bangs. This is due to no resonator and different mapping. 

I’d also agree with you.
My 2019 car exhaust is noticeably louder and has louder pops on overrun than my previous 2016 car.

Agree Lmferreira  got some excellent advice from these posts.  The difference between 300 and 310hp need not be a deciding factor.  Fuel management in VW R motors destined for the States isn't as advanced as in Europe, so our rating has been 296hp until 2019 when it was reduced to 288hp.  Even so, in normal daily driving at all rpms my 2019 7.5 R feels seat-of-the-pants peppier than the 2016 MK7 it replaced.  I don't track the car so street performance is what matters to me.  I'm inclined to be skeptical of factory ratings.  Even if they're accurate, there can be subtle variations among engines including those of the same rating.  My 2016 was hardly a dog, but the 2019 seems to be an especially strong one. 

3 hours ago, Cogito said:

Agree Lmferreira  got some excellent advice from these posts.  The difference between 300 and 310hp need not be a deciding factor.  Fuel management in VW R motors destined for the States isn't as advanced as in Europe, so our rating has been 296hp until 2019 when it was reduced to 288hp.  Even so, in normal daily driving at all rpms my 2019 7.5 R feels seat-of-the-pants peppier than the 2016 MK7 it replaced.  I don't track the car so street performance is what matters to me.  I'm inclined to be skeptical of factory ratings.  Even if they're accurate, there can be subtle variations among engines including those of the same rating.  My 2016 was hardly a dog, but the 2019 seems to be an especially strong one. 

Hi Cogito thanks for your feedback.

the reason why I’m brought up the 300 and 310ps was because I didn’t understand if the there’s a significant difference, and if there was, what was it...

like you, I’m not gonna do track days, it’s performance on the street that matters, but the differences on price, mileage and specs on the 300 and 310 versions I’m looking are practically non existente, thats why I wanted to know, in similar cases, what version would people choose.

With all of your advice (thanks for that yet again :)) I’ve seen that probably the main difference was:

not talking about tyres, warranty, etc...

300ps

particle filter

have a single port direct injection

310ps

no filter

dual injection (fuel rail)

based on this, the 310ps version have a better motor. Is this correct?

4 hours ago, Lmferreira said:

Hi Cogito thanks for your feedback.

the reason why I’m brought up the 300 and 310ps was because I didn’t understand if the there’s a significant difference, and if there was, what was it...

like you, I’m not gonna do track days, it’s performance on the street that matters, but the differences on price, mileage and specs on the 300 and 310 versions I’m looking are practically non existente, thats why I wanted to know, in similar cases, what version would people choose.

With all of your advice (thanks for that yet again :)) I’ve seen that probably the main difference was:

not talking about tyres, warranty, etc...

300ps

particle filter

have a single port direct injection

310ps

no filter

dual injection (fuel rail)

based on this, the 310ps version have a better motor. Is this correct?

2019 (300hp) is an updated version. I have one and pretty happy with it after I tuned it🤪 Companies like racingline and I'm sure others are also throwing money into research to produce new software and products for the post WLTP cars.  

1 hour ago, Lmferreira said:

Both of them have it, or just the 310ps?

1 hour ago, Lmferreira said:

Both of them have it, or just the 310ps?

There is some joking Going on here, Lmferreira.  Nothing for you to be concerned about.

The 310 has the additional fuel rail. 
The 300 does not.  As it is WLTP Compliant, it has GPF/PPF/OPF (all mean the same).

As @dopper99 points out, a benefit of a cleaner running engine in a 300 car, is that the exhaust tips take a long time to get sooty and dirty. Much longer than in a 310.  The 4 chrome tips can be a pain to keep clean or to restore if they are allowed to get very dirty.  Keep an eye out for this on other R cars.👍

1 hour ago, Booo said:

2019 (300hp) is an updated version. I have one and pretty happy with it after I tuned it🤪 Companies like racingline and I'm sure others are also throwing money into research to produce new software and products for the post WLTP cars.  

Couple of recent pics please Booo, or Lmferreira will be starting to think 300 WLTP Cars are much less desirable.  Don’t be shy now. 😂

9 minutes ago, NRW said:

Couple of recent pics please Booo, or Lmferreira will be starting to think 300 WLTP Cars are much less desirable.  Don’t be shy now. 😂

Haha🤣

I'm sure @Lmferreira has already seen better "looking" one then mine😜 He reminds me a little of myself, when I had my R tuned and was disappointed because I was comparing with the 310hp, which got 15hp more 😭.

Took me a while to understand those 55hp I gained was pretty awesome 🤩

@Lmferreira get the 300hp and you'll be happy camper😎

Haha
I'm sure [mention=27909]Lmferreira[/mention] has already seen better "looking" one then mine He reminds me a little of myself, when I had my R tuned and was disappointed because I was comparing with the 310hp, which got 15hp more .
Took me a while to understand those 55hp I gained was pretty awesome
[mention=27909]Lmferreira[/mention] get the 300hp and you'll be happy camper

It's all just numbers, a car could be tuned to 15/20 bhp than a similar one but actually be worse to drive, numbers are for bragging they don't mean the car is better or more desirable.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk