Arronleeds

Car idling rough, car vibrating and exhaust popping

So I'm trying to figure out what the hells wrong with my car on idle, it's most noticeable when the car is idling in either D OR E and the rpms are sat at 700, I can feel a vibration through the entire car and I can feel and hear the exhaust popping as if theres fuel being injected. The exhaust note also changes up and down like it's a heartbeat going fast then slow, the car is stage 2 with a 3.5" downpipe, the car runs perfectly when driving, I've tried 3 different sets of spark plugs and also 2 sets of coil packs, has anyone else had this issue.

1 hour ago, gregozedobe said:

Any error codes recorded ?

Has the fuel consumption suddenly increased ?

Are the tailpipes sooted up more than usual ?

No codes at all, fuel consumption has been worse since stage 2 but I'm putting that down to the fact its running more power, exhaust wise not really noticed more soot.

30 minutes ago, GrayMK7R said:

Injectors would be my guess. Try to avoid driving it in case one is stuck open.

See this thread: 

The thing is when I drive the car its absolutely fine 

49 minutes ago, Arronleeds said:

If that's the case then it's more likely to be an air / vacuum leak? Have you had any servicing/engine work done recently?

2 hours ago, golf7.5r said:

If that's the case then it's more likely to be an air / vacuum leak? Have you had any servicing/engine work done recently?

It's been in for vacuum leak,boost leak checks and compression test all came back fine.

6 hours ago, Arronleeds said:

Sometimes these issues only manifest at idle. Seen loads on facebook groups where only tell tale is a rough idle, but injectors were shot

I’ve got the very same symptoms.

Took mine to Retro Resus.

I had already changed plugs APR coil packs but number 2 Port injector is causing my issue. I’m changing all 4 injectors. It’s a common problem on these cars and many other manufacturers BMW included.

Here is the thread:

6 hours ago, Msportman said:

I’ve got the very same symptoms.

Took mine to Retro Resus.

I had already changed plugs APR coil packs but number 2 Port injector is causing my issue. I’m changing all 4 injectors. It’s a common problem on these cars and many other manufacturers BMW included.

Here is the thread:

I've got two mpi injectors on order, going to change 2 and 3 and I'm also changing the pcv for a revised one and I'm going to get new coils.

I've got two mpi injectors on order, going to change 2 and 3 and I'm also changing the pcv for a revised one and I'm going to get new coils.
Why wouldn't you change all 4 injectors while you are at it?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Why wouldn't you change all 4 injectors while you are at it?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Because its only misfiring on two injectors, plus I dont wanna buy 4 and it end up not being the cause, money wasted