baz2011uk

Discover pro and discover media

What are the differences apart from dvd player and screen size option wonder if it's worth the extra money for the pro as would be happy with an 8" screen can the media play video files over android auto or even via the USB slot

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

What are the differences apart from dvd player and screen size option wonder if it's worth the extra money for the pro as would be happy with an 8" screen can the media play video files over android auto or even via the USB slot

The Pro has a HD for maps and music and is also a far better unit, it's a Harmon Kardon unit and has better audio quality imo. I had a non pro in my old R and have a Pro in my current one and the difference is noticeable

Both can have android auto as long as they are new enough, you can only play music from your phone via android auto

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Brilliant on android auto I am right in saying that Google maps is usable
Pretty sure I am going to go with the Pro might go for the mib2 over the 2. 5 just to keep costs a little lower

Brilliant on android auto I am right in saying that Google maps is usable
Pretty sure I am going to go with the Pro might go for the mib2 over the 2. 5 just to keep costs a little lower

Yeah I started using Waze but now use Google Maps more as I prefer it, also doesn't use any data if you download the maps to use offline. I travelled all over Europe downloading the maps on the hotel WiFi eqch night I've not had an mib2.5 but I would go for that if you can, quicker, better resolution and bigger screen but an mib2 will not be too shabby

Let's see what price Alex comes back with for the 2.5 Pro with 9.2 screen have a feeling it maybe over my budget so may need to go mib2 with 8"

Let's see what price Alex comes back with for the 2.5 Pro with 9.2 screen have a feeling it maybe over my budget so may need to go mib2 with 8"

Last time I checked it was just under £1k for the 2.5 don't forget to factor in a fascia too which are about £140 from VW! I got a deal on my mib2 as I got it from a member, needed a small amount of coding but with some help from him we figured it all out. I do kind of wish I had gone for the 2.5 but there you go...

If we are taking about the 7R then I had the normal spec screen in my first one and managed to find one with Discover Pro in, the bigger screen is far better and more usable.

I actually prefer my Discover Pro 7R screen to the 7.5 glass face style screen.

I was wondering if you could use the 2.5 glove box brain with a Mib2 nav pro 8 inch screen. ?

Nope different resolution so you would probably get a picture but it would be missing part. Don't know for sure but I can't see why they would make it backwards compatible...

13 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Last time I checked it was just under £1k for the 2.5 don't forget to factor in a fascia too which are about £140 from VW! I got a deal on my mib2 as I got it from a member, needed a small amount of coding but with some help from him we figured it all out. I do kind of wish I had gone for the 2.5 but there you go...

£1200 for the 2.5 pro with 9.2" screen thats with trim and USB a little over what i wanted to spend but will have a think about it and properly go for it 

i know the head unit is stragt forward to swap out whats the screen like to swap over i tend to break clips as you do 

£1200 for the 2.5 pro with 9.2" screen thats with trim and USB a little over what i wanted to spend but will have a think about it and properly go for it 
i know the head unit is stragt forward to swap out whats the screen like to swap over i tend to break clips as you do 
Fascia out is pretty easy it all pulls off you start just about the cubby door and be brave! Screen is held on by 4 screws. You may have to trim a tiny bit of plastic off the plug that goes in to the screen and that's it.

20190730_093902.thumb.jpg.24ba0fc36e9884c9b9b736765a782509.jpg
Got it fitted today pro 2.5 with the 9.2" screen a massive improvement and the helix sub for some reason sounds 100x better thanks for helping spend my money dave