andyid26

New guy here!

Hey guys! 

Just dropping in the new forum. Been a Mk7R owner for about 2 years now. Best car I've owned yet! 

Only mods I have on it are: 

Integrated Engineering Open Box Intake

Milltek non-resonated catback w/black tips

Jb4 Map 2

Hope to find good info and maybe be of some help as I come from a Mechanic background and studied at UTI in Norwood MA.

20200614_192234.jpg

20200612_125304.jpg

20200114_101210.jpg

20190809_155116.jpg

Welcome to VWROC!   Car looks good!  Always love a Deep Black Pearl mk7! 

:welcome:

Hopefully you’ll find the forum helpful and enjoyable and I’m sure your technical expertise will be helpful here.  

11 hours ago, andyid26 said:

Hey guys! 

Just dropping in the new forum. Been a Mk7R owner for about 2 years now. Best car I've owned yet! 

Only mods I have on it are: 

Integrated Engineering Open Box Intake

Milltek non-resonated catback w/black tips

Jb4 Map 2

Hope to find good info and maybe be of some help as I come from a Mechanic background and studied at UTI in Norwood MA.

20200614_192234.jpg

20200612_125304.jpg

20200114_101210.jpg

20190809_155116.jpg

Welcome to the forum Andrew and the Deep Black Pearl Club...:welcome:🖤:lol:.....Another IE intake user here....Once it finally arrives on back-order....:lol:....Love the pics....:afro:

A little cleanup of my engine bay. Quite dusty and now all clean.

Been shopping around alot lately for a stage 2. Eurodyne is on my top list with a CTS Catted downpipe!

We'll see what I'll get in the next months. b53114e47670f04a44d19f37859cbd6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Well, sooner then I actually thought I'd get it, but im going stage 2! I'm stoked!

Ended up going with IE stage 2 with DSG tune using a CTS Catless downpipe.
Cant wait to have it installed!

3 hours ago, andyid26 said:

Well, sooner then I actually thought I'd get it, but im going stage 2! I'm stoked!

Ended up going with IE stage 2 with DSG tune using a CTS Catless downpipe.
Cant wait to have it installed!

Good choice going with IE...(Excellent move)....I'm doing the same in a month or two.......:afro:....I'm a huge IE fan boy....let us know what you think of Stage 2?...:smiley::azn:

Good choice going with IE...(Excellent move)....I'm doing the same in a month or two.......:afro:....I'm a huge IE fan boy....let us know what you think of Stage 2?...:smiley::azn:
Good to hear!
It will ship out Monday or Tuesday so once I get the downpipe installed and tune uploaded, I'll let you know how it feels compared to my jb4! ;)

19 hours ago, andyid26 said:

Good to hear!
It will ship out Monday or Tuesday so once I get the downpipe installed and tune uploaded, I'll let you know how it feels compared to my jb4! ;)

That would be awesome....:afro:....Would love to hear your feedback....:)

My IE Cold Air Intake is 2 weeks away....(after having it on back order for 3 months)...:smiley:.....then rear sway bar a few days after that....then IE downpipe....IE Stage 2 and DSG tune...then new AWE Switchpath exhaust....then a few more mods.....:lol:......carbon fibre rear diffuser....new carbon fibre steering wheel....new Raceseng gear shift knob....new cf paddle shifters....and a few more bits and bods....Endless slippery slope....but love modding this car....:azn:..and will continue to improve an already awesome car....:lol:

My Golf R at Evans Bay May 2020 2.jpg

That would be awesome....:afro:....Would love to hear your feedback....
My IE Cold Air Intake is 2 weeks away....(after having it on back order for 3 months)...:smiley:.....then rear sway bar a few days after that....then IE downpipe....IE Stage 2 and DSG tune...then new AWE Switchpath exhaust....then a few more mods...........carbon fibre rear diffuser....new carbon fibre steering wheel....new Raceseng gear shift knob....new cf paddle shifters....and a few more bits and bods....Endless slippery slope....but love modding this car....:azn:..and will continue to improve an already awesome car....

1799756703_MyGolfRatEvansBayMay20202.thumb.jpg.3f47dcdde3484e36edce4952346f6610.jpg
Yes, very slippery slope, but a fun one! Its part of being an enthusiasts!
I also want to put a rear diffuser and a spoiler extension.