Gregamir

Humming noise from inside the cabin

2 hours ago, Gregamir said:

Solution is to turn on the radio and the noise is *puff* gone

I am just worried that if i do that i am gonna have a bigger problem further down the road!

2 hours ago, Morbo said:

I am just worried that if i do that i am gonna have a bigger problem further down the road!

Well let me put it this way then, I've had it checked, nobody knows what it is, also it's been 3 years since I bought the car, no faults to the engine so far and I'm guessing that the car had this noise even before I bought it. My guess is the pump (don't know which), judging by the sound. By the way, do you drive a TDI or TSI?

8 hours ago, Morbo said:

Hi,

I think my car is making the same noise. I've included a link to a video I made of said noise. 

Did you have any luck finding out what was making the noise or better yet a fix for it?

https://imgur.com/gallery/9lhksNn

This sounds a  little like an aircon pump whirring.

I used to have it an old old Skoda VRS Diesel. Had it from brand new.

11 hours ago, Gregamir said:

Well let me put it this way then, I've had it checked, nobody knows what it is, also it's been 3 years since I bought the car, no faults to the engine so far and I'm guessing that the car had this noise even before I bought it. My guess is the pump (don't know which), judging by the sound. By the way, do you drive a TDI or TSI?

Its a TDI 

10 hours ago, Morbo said:

Its a TDI 

Yeah.. The diesel engine is quite complicated comperd to any other internal combustion engine, It's also very "rough" for example a bunch of rattles throughout the cabin, vibratin noises.. But I guess that's just the diesels, eh? 😅 As far as this noise goes.. I'd suggest to get the aircon pump checked out by a mechanic and see if that could be causing that noise. I doubt it's the fuel pump, because then I guess the car would be jerky if it didn't get fuel at times. You have to be specific though, because some mechanics won't even recognize / hear it at first and won't know what noise to focus on. I know it's frustrating, but if you do find out what is causing the problem you can leave a comment here :) I will also try to figure out what may be causing this noise, but it's corona lockdown so I can't even get to the dealers or do anything about it since I'm very limited to where I can go.

Cheers mate 😁

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By Joe.k
      Hi all, 

I have recently purchased a Remus backbox to fit to my MK7 golf R. I purchased it from the Facebook golf owners group as an exhaust that would fit on my 64 plate R. I sent it to a garage to get fitted and they have told me that it will not fit onto my car as the place where they would cut the original exhaust would not fit in the Remus backbox and even if it did it wouldn’t work due to the original have flat spots? Here is the pictures of the exhaust below. Would anyone be able to help? Have I brought the wrong exhaust for my car? Or do I need the full system for it to fit? 

Thanks. 

• By Joe.k
      Hi All,

New around here, recently picked up my 2014 Golf R 5dr DSG. The drive select mode button flashes when pressed but doesn’t bring up anything on any of the screens?

I have tried disconnecting the battery for over an hour and resetting the head unit by holding power for 15 seconds, also reset the factory settings on head unit with no luck. 

Does anyone have any ideas? Or any idea how much they’d charge me at a main dealer to look?

Thanks, Joe
    • By D7RLL92
      hi all,

for some years now I've had a weird intermittent  grinding sound I've noticed coming from maybe gearbox or engine?

when you have it in drive stationary then put it in sport it gets more noticeable/louder you can here it from in the car and outside. the problem is intermittent and happens every so often was quiet for a few months now noticed it's back.

ive been back and forth with dealership a few times I've warned them about it a year after I bought it in 2017 went for a drive with tech and he said can't hear it that much, went back months later and luckily got them to hear it they had it for the day and checked it and said when they serviced they can't hear it now which was true for some time but as I said its back! any ideas on what it could be or if any1 else has had a similar issue???
    • By golfmk7.5guy
      Hi All,

Long time listener, first time caller. I have fitted a VW OEM highline reversing camera to my MK 7.5, and cannot for the life of me get the video to work. My vehicle already has park pilot assist fitted (not the auto park, just front and back sensors etc, the regular one, with wheel alignment on the screen for swing).

I have got the badge to activate using the rear reverse signal cable in the trunk lid, and powered using slot (18?) in the fuse box, all good, i hit reverse, the camera opens. great. However, no video appears. I have wired the video signal cable into the headunit in the glove box into slots 5 and 10 (or 6 and 12 i cant remember).

Now, the CAN wires in the CANBUS unit under the steering wheel was my issue. I already have wires into the slots I am meant to use for the two different coloured can cables. So, on the advice of the ebay seller, I spliced the cables into these cables. But I still get no video.

I also read that I should not activate low camera in the 5F menu, I should use adaption and activate a few settings in there instead, otherwise it wont detect the steering wheel position etc. However, no matter what I do, no video. Also if I don't activate lowline camera in 5F, the park pilot doesnt even show a black screen, it just shows the regular cameraless park pilot menu. 

Does anyone have a better guide, or can explain like im 5, how to get this to work? I am assuming that the reason the camera video signal does not activate is either my bad coding, or that the CAN wiring is bad? I have looked for days, but cannot find anyone who has had this issue other than me. I am pretty confident that the unit is good, as it was a sealed VW part and undamaged.

Thanks all!

• By JoeB
      So I ran over a huge rock or some type of garden stone left in the middle of the road. Went straight under the car and collided with the bottom just past the right side wheel. On the photo you can see it’s knocked the plastic off and seems to have hit the metal there that’s it’s quite badly damaged. Now I don’t know if I’m paranoid but the ride seems a little shakier when cruising or maybe it’s just in my head but really I just to know if this is something serious or not. Sad day for the new R ;(