Sign in to follow this  
cabriochris

Insurance using company car NCD, is it possible?

As the title says, is there anyway to use NCD from a company car policy against a new personal policy i will be taking out. 

Had a private car up until 2014, had 12 years NCD at that point, then company car for the last 6 years with no accidents or claims against me personally so in theory i have driven 18 years without any claims or convictions.  37 year old looking to insurance a Golf R.  

Do any companies consider the company policy NCD, or would i need to use a broker or any other recommendations please let me know.  

5 minutes ago, cabriochris said:

As the title says, is there anyway to use NCD from a company car policy against a new personal policy i will be taking out. 

Had a private car up until 2014, had 12 years NCD at that point, then company car for the last 6 years with no accidents or claims against me personally so in theory i have driven 18 years without any claims or convictions.  37 year old looking to insurance a Golf R.  

Do any companies consider the company policy NCD, or would i need to use a broker or any other recommendations please let me know.  

I believe you should be able to use your previous insurance no claims (possibly)....

i do not believe you can use company car for personal, as there is no proof you have not had accidents, just your word.

its worth talking to decent insurance company in first place, LV tend to be sensible.

its worth ruining them up and ask.

I had a company car for 15 years before coming out of the scheme and buying one.

Insurers wanted a letter from my company HR dept confirming I’d had a company car and no claims for 10 years and matched that with full ncb.

Was back in 2009, but can’t see major insurers having any different policies. Must be a fairly common occurrence.

Doubt they will credit for the previous period, but you can only ask...

Cheers, did a quick check on Compare the market and it asks you if you had any NCD under a business policy so i put yes on that and its coming out under £700 on an R, 37 year old so doesn't sound too bad as it will likely decrease a bit the year after.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By ALS391
      I didn't realise they would do this, car does look OTT and noisy exhaust just asking for it I guess, will probably screw up his future attempts to get insurance as well.
      SYP is South Yorkshire Police operational support
      Be Warned 

• By E4THH
      Alright everyone,

I am stuck in a annoying situation which I am shore a lot of you have gone through.
      I am 17 years old and have been driving under three months and I am fed up, I need a Golf R but there a problem which goes by the name of insurance and the costs it brings.I know of people who have been insured on one and same type of driving experience time, so I know it is possible.

Just open to any suggestions to get myself insured on the car, willing to do what I have to.

Look forwards to seeing the reply’s,
      Thanks
    • By B13NGL
      My pcp on the Golf R is coming to an end but I am still very undecided what to buy next.
      There's a few issues I'm finding, insurance for similar cars seem to be far more expensive and also the 40k list price Tax issue, id really like to avoid paying £500 road tax.

These are the options I have considered, all options based on a 4 year PCP 10k miles and 4k deposit.

RS3 - £520 pm high tax
      S4 - £450 pm high tax
      140i shadow edition - £350 pm 
      S3  - £380 pm
      435d - £420pm high tax.
      C43 AMG £680 pm high tax

I currently pay 380 pm on the Golf and roughly 170 pm on fuel, whilst I have no issues paying more I want to make a sensible-ish decision. If im paying 500 pm on a car, 300 on fuel, 500 on tax and 2 grand on insurance the monthly bill would be more than my mortgage.

My insurance currently costs me £450 per year, I'm 26. Out of the above options the cheapest to insure is the S4 at only 650. The S3 is over double my Golf R and the RS3 is quadruple. 
      I was tempted to go for a fully loaded S3 but it's not worth the insurance premium jump. 

I've not added the A45 due to not being able to order from new and the new varient will probably be 50k.

I'm really not interested in sticking with vw, had a bad experience this time round and want to get away from them.

Anyone have any suggestions ?? 

• By StuMk7R
      Just got my renewal Quote from Adrian Flux for my Mk7 R . They came in at £500 over the other quotes Ive had. Asked for a better deal and got nothing. This is my 7th car I've insured with Adrian Flux (everyone from Clio Williams to M3's in the past)  - but their customer service was appalling. First time they haven't matched or got close to a renewal quote and the advisor wasn't even interested in trying. I won't be using them again. Anyone else have an insurance company they would recommend? Direct Line are offering the best terms at the moment. 
    • By Boj27
      Hi all,

i have a non fault claim pending after someone rear ended me on Wednesday. Car has a cracked number plate and a few gouges out of the bumper at the back, but the biggest thing that concerns me is that the drivers side rear light has a gap at the top where it’s supoosed to sit into the quarter panel that wasn’t there before the collision. Does this mean there could be some structural damage at all? Car hit me at 25mph or so, I’m surprised there isn’t more damage than seen by the naked eye if I am honest. 

Next question is, how much can I expect my insurance premium to go up by for a non fault? Not a good year for me this year, luckily protected no claims for 4 years (should be 5 by January, unless I will lose this years no claims because there is now a claim being processed?) and also 3 points