Sign in to follow this  
Gavras

Carwow Drag Race thing - Troc R and others.

Some observations about that blue T-ROC that carwow have.....

Its the exact same car that I posted about here where Mat Watson got a 0-60 of 4.2 seconds:

In new carwow vid in the first post this blue T-ROC got a quarter time of 12.8 seconds. The Golf R has a time of 13.1 to 13.6 seconds (WLTP cars on carwow's channel)

Given the T-ROC is the 300bhp WLTP unit, and it weighs more than the Golf R, do we think this is a "press car special" with a little more power than advertised?

Now bear in mind this T-ROC below posted a time of 13.4 seconds....

Deffo something going on with the blue T-ROC that carwow have.

50 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

... do we think this is a "press car special" with a little more power than advertised?

I know this sort of skulduggery was quite common in past decades, but it's a bit silly trying it on these days as so much comparative info is available on-line that it is easy to identify a "ring-in" (Oz meaning).  The best indicator of power/weight is 1/4 mile trap speed, rather than ET, as ET depends on traction, mechanical sympathy, gearing etc more than trap speed.

I was pretty suprised at the R performance on this one, I expected the RSQ3 to leave it behind but no! 

Also held its own with the G63 for a decent amount of time.

Have to say all these new BMW’s are extremely quick and it seems the audi equivalents are now slipping behind which is a change from the previous gens, maybe it’s the lineup of AWD BMW’s.

On 26/06/2020 at 11:46, xPETEZx said:

I love that M340i Estate!

New BMWs are very marmite... seems half of them are afflicted with horrendous monster grills, and then the other half look amazing! (3,5 & 8 all look brilliant!)

Now that some time has passed, what do you think about the NEW grilles? M4 M3 Buck tooth ones? 🤣

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this