Sign in to follow this  
YELLOW_TT

Auto folding mirrors

The other half has a 67 plate Tiguan and when you lock

/unlock the doors the mirrors automatically fold in and out just wondering what I would need to swap from her Tiguan to my 12 plate mk6 R to get it to work on that ? If it can be done at all 

51 minutes ago, YELLOW_TT said:

/unlock the doors the mirrors automatically fold in and out just wondering what I would need to swap from her Tiguan to my 12 plate mk6 R to get it to work on that ? If it can be done at all 

I had a 2012 Mk6 GTI from new Andy, and specced the Electric Folding Mirrors (after seeing them on Mrs NRW Zetec S Fiesta😂).  They worked, but not linked to the door locking. You could fold them using the door control and unfold them similarly, but they only folded out once you were moving above about 15 mph or so!😳.  Only really of use then when minimising damage etc when parked/in a confined space. Dunno if that fires your enthusiasm further?

9 hours ago, YELLOW_TT said:

There are a couple threads on the forum and a quick google brings up more, including You Tube bits.

why would you want to remove parts from an almost new car, a different model and fit to an old car?

You will most likely need specific MK6 Golf Kit and possibly some coding.

You also need to ensure UK spec (unless there is a way to code EU version to U.K. version).

have a look over the threads and what Google throws up.

I can understand your desire to have folding mirrors on your 6R. I never specced them on my mk6 (gti) but having them on the 7R find them very very useful.  But doesn’t your other half want to keep the folding mirrors on her Tiguan?  

23 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

I can understand your desire to have folding mirrors on your 6R. I never specced them on my mk6 (gti) but having them on the 7R find them very very useful.  But doesn’t your other half want to keep the folding mirrors on her Tiguan?  

It's Hartlepool, imagine if the Amish were alcoholics.....

Just to clarify my 6 has  Electric folding mirrors but they do not fold when you lock the doors you need to set the switch to fold before you leave the car 

The other half’s car is getting changed for a new one so I thought I might swap the bits over to my R 

36 minutes ago, YELLOW_TT said:

Just to clarify my 6 has  Electric folding mirrors but they do not fold when you lock the doors you need to set the switch to fold before you leave the car 

The other half’s car is getting changed for a new one so I thought I might swap the bits over to my R 

I'm pretty sure that means that it is "just" a coding issue, so you will need a VCDS cable (or OBD11 device?). Videos on YouTube.

And you won't have to cannibalise your other half's car!