Clarkie48

Clarkie48 Lapiz

26 minutes ago, Clarkie48 said:

I have been using Shine On for the best part of 20 years.Rob did me a good deal,it’s had a 3 stage polish followed by Matrix black ceramic coat for £660.They have been on the car 4 days,so I think it’s worth it.

That is a fantastic price for a detail with 3 stage polish and ceramic coating!  

He is just getting into the detailing side of things.He has been valeting for years,he really needs to up his price per hour.But he was telling me he doesn’t want to charge to much as most people don’t realise how much time goes into it and he would rather get the jobs in.

As he has only just started this side of things,he just needs word to get round then he can pick and choose his jobs.

I have been using Shine On for the best part of 20 years.Rob did me a good deal,it’s had a 3 stage polish followed by Matrix black ceramic coat for £660.They have been on the car 4 days,so I think it’s worth it.

That sounds like a bargain when you consider the many hours of work involved - I would’ve thought that would have been £1000 plus easily

1 hour ago, jonny157 said:

That sounds like a bargain when you consider the many hours of work involved - I would’ve thought that would have been £1000 plus easily

Like I said in one of my previous posts,he is just starting out in the detailing game and needs to build his reputation.If he keeps turning jobs like this out then it won’t take long,then he can start upping his price.

1 hour ago, Clarkie48 said:

Like I said in one of my previous posts,he is just starting out in the detailing game and needs to build his reputation.If he keeps turning jobs like this out then it won’t take long,then he can start upping his price.

You should pop his details (no pun intended) up in this thread as it’s always helpful to others to get recommendations and see who is in their area, and good for the detailers too. :)

2 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

You should pop his details (no pun intended) up in this thread as it’s always helpful to others to get recommendations and see who is in their area, and good for the detailers too. :)

Thanks will do.

Not done much to the car since having the detail done.The ceramic is still beading nicely and car is staying cleaner for longer.

Took car for a full service today to KMS Motorsport in Wigan.It was also treated to a proper haldex service,this was only carried out by VW last October but by the looks of it the filter wasn’t touched.While it was there I had them fit EBC Redstuff pads to stop my front wheels going brown.

Had a chat to the owner about going stage 1 and will be going back soon.

0C785B90-C31A-49DC-8794-73EBB7AF1CF0.jpeg

C60518C2-BD3C-4387-8498-481DFF6FB23F.jpeg

32B41377-BA90-4B8E-9CB2-5DA20DF6C754.jpeg

C91EF21B-8D4B-4887-BA47-6FA443FBBC33.jpeg

Great looking car.

It was between the RV019's and the R360's for me to but I went the other way. To be fair both are great looking wheels so you can make a bad choice.

Who are you thinking of going stage 1 with?

9 minutes ago, DanTheManc said:

Great looking car.

It was between the RV019's and the R360's for me to but I went the other way. To be fair both are great looking wheels so you can make a bad choice.

Who are you thinking of going stage 1 with?

Thanks.I’m looking at either Revo or APR,both are similar price and as it’s a manual I will be looking at a clutch first.

1 minute ago, Clarkie48 said:

Thanks.I’m looking at either Revo or APR,both are similar price and as it’s a manual I will be looking at a clutch first.

RTS gets good reviews. It's supposed to feel very similar to stock too. I'm DSG so I've never used it personally but feedback seems very good.

APR no longer do stage 2 tunes so if you're looking at possibly going stage 2 in the future REVO would make more financial sense.

1 minute ago, DanTheManc said:

RTS gets good reviews. It's supposed to feel very similar to stock too. I'm DSG so I've never used it personally but feedback seems very good.

APR no longer do stage 2 tunes so if you're looking at possibly going stage 2 in the future REVO would make more financial sense.

Yeah RTS is the one I have been looking at as it’s similar to the stock clutch.It will also take upto stage 2 power.

Yeah APR dropped stage 2 due to US emissions regs.

Looking for some advice on your wheels. Did/are you having any issues with the 8.5 wheel width? WillTheyFit.com is telling me thats an extra 17mm of poke, seems quitie high for the fronts to me? Also was the decision to go 235 wide tires visual/financial or do you expect 245 width to catch on the arches?

5 hours ago, Havoc said:

Looking for some advice on your wheels. Did/are you having any issues with the 8.5 wheel width? WillTheyFit.com is telling me thats an extra 17mm of poke, seems quitie high for the fronts to me? Also was the decision to go 235 wide tires visual/financial or do you expect 245 width to catch on the arches?

if you look on the pics the wheels fill the arches properly compared to standard 18” wheels.On standard suspension I had no problems with rubbing,but since going on coilovers I get the odd rub on full compression.I have since taken out the top arch liner screw and had no problems since.I went 235 as that’s the recommended size for 19” wheels,I have heard of people fitting 245 but can’t comment on rubbing issues.